Tuesday 10 April 2018

35 Weeks (MINI LOP RABBIT/BUNCH OF CARROTS) - 2.0: Apr 3-9



  • Okay, now I am actually OFFICIALLY done work! As long as I hold this baby in past April 12, I will have completed my 600 hours at work and be able to take my 1 year off as maternity leave!
  • We had another midwife appointment this week, and from hereon in they will be weekly!
    • My Weight: 139 lb (+19.5 lb from the start)
    • My BP: 103/68
    • Fundus measurement: 33cm (I am measuring consistently 2cm small, so Nargess said that unless I'm hiding this baby somewhere in my pelvis, she is likely to be a smaller baby than Dominic was. Here's hoping! He was 8lb 8oz, and had a 90th percentile head... It's amazing what the body can do!)
    • Baby HR: 138 BPM
    • I did my Group B Strep Test swab thing. 
    • Not much else to report from the appointment. Everything is looking good, healthy, perfect. Dom was an angel at the appointment. I was nervous because I had to go on my own with just him, so I wasn't sure how it would go, but he let Nargess watch him while I went to the bathroom, and he just toddled around happily smiling at everyone and staring inappropriately. 
    • I had an ultrasound booked for next week to confirm baby's positioning as we weren't sure at my last appointment. That is no longer a concern - baby is 100% head-down, so I cancelled my ultrasound. This was hard to do because I want to see the baby again (and confirm it's a girl haha), but I figure I'll cancel and give that slot to someone who actually really needs it...
  • My ribs are pretty consistently sore, but not as bad as when I was pregnant with Dominic. I remember that ripping pain as my muscles separated, but I haven't had too much of that yet. Moreso just discomfort, so for that I am grateful!
  • I got to snuggle my cousin's newborn baby girl this week, and it made me so excited to have one of my own again! So precious and sleepy. Easy to forget all the screaming and hormones and crying and exhaustion and postpartum recovery haha. 
  • Braxton hicks contractions happen multiple times a day. Occasionally I'll get more painful contractions, but nothing to be concerned about. 
  • We went on our Baby-moon this week! One night away at VI @ Homestead in Lynden, WA. Only pregnancy-related thing to report here is that after all the walking on the Saturday my bits felt like they were going to fall out! Haha TMI, sorry. I just know I'll want to know that during my next pregnancy(ies).
  • Insomnia one night. I usually sleep pretty well, other than getting up 2-3 times per night to pee most of the time. I sleep often on my right side, even though it's highly recommended to sleep on my left at this point. I figure if I'm still comfortable in that position and getting better rest and baby is just as active it's probably okay to split my time between the two sides. Sleeping on my back is out of the question though!
  • 35 Weeks Pregnant with Dominic
  • 35 Weeks Huggies Graphic
    Pregnant lady


No comments:

Post a Comment