Thursday 5 April 2018

Thankful Thursday - 127

This week I am feeling thankful for...

1. A smooth transition for Dominic. Dominic transferred to his new big boy room without any issues. He has taken to his new crib perfectly. He has much more space in there now, and I thought maybe that would weird him out, but he hardly even seems to notice! 



2. A full freezer. I didn't even realize it, but I've been stocking up on meals for our freezer over the last couple months. David and I did a little itinerary of what we have in there because it was so full and we have TONS of meals! I only have to a couple more things to meal prep for baby #2. Mostly just muffins, energy bites and other little snacks. I'm determined not to forget to eat this time around!!

Totally not food related, but here is a picture of Dom & Eli playing together at Storytime today. It's so fun now that he's starting to interact and communicate more. They were putting shells into a little jar. 

3. A cousin(?) for Dominic and #2! My cousin Brad and his wife Anita had a baby girl, Charley Jean, on April 1st (their due date). She was born at 8lb 8oz. which is the same as Dominic! She is so beautiful. All of a sudden I'm very aware of the fact that my due date is next. I've had a list in my phone of everyone's due dates and have been checking them off as the babies are born and now mine is next. AH!! We brought them dinner and visited for some baby snuggles last night. Okay... I am excited to have a new baby again. I'm just scared of the whole new baby AND a toddler thing!


Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, indoor
Such a beautiful family!

My big belly is the perfect little shelf to hold a newborn! No sore arms for me!


4. Learning to pick my battles. Trying to get ready for church the other day while David was gone, I had Dom in the bathroom with me. Naturally, he emptied the cupboards of all my lotions and hair products and brought them over to the shower that was still soaked from David's morning shower. They all got placed in there, and then he quickly followed and sat down in the puddle fully dressed. I looked down, but decided this wasn't a battle I felt like fighting. I just had to let it happen. I did, however, do my best to stop him when he started playing in the toilet bowl and lapping up the water off his hand (GROSS!). 


Just the beginning of the inevitable

5. Impromptu Lunch Date. On Sunday my mom didn't have plans after church, so she offered to come hang out at our house for a bit if we wanted to go out anywhere. Um... yes! We took an impromptu lunch date at Cactus Club. It was really nice to get out together with just the two of us. 



I am so grateful that Dom has 4 very involved grandparents. It is such a blessing that we all live so close! 

No comments:

Post a Comment