Monday 30 April 2018

38 Weeks (POMERANIAN/SPAGHETTI SQUASH) - 2.0: Apr 24-30


Photo-bomber in action!

  • This is the last week that I have photos from my pregnancy with Dom. I made it to 39W1D before going into labor, and we did take 39 week photos, but they got lost at some point. I'm still sad about that, but interesting anyway!
  • Another midwife appointment this week! I was thinking maybe we wouldn't have this one, but alas... No baby yet!
    • My Weight: 145 (+25.5lb from start; +2lb from last week)
    • My BP: 105/67
    • Fundus: 39cm (This was a higher measurement than I was expecting as I've been measuring small all along, however we saw a different midwife this week, so maybe Jen just measures differently. Either that or my baby is really the reason I've started packing on the pounds the last two weeks... Come soon then!)
    • Baby HR: 135 BPM
    • Jen, the midwife, commented on how low my belly is sitting. Tell me about it! It's causing me intense back and hip pain!
    • The midwife asked what our plan was for postpartum care. We said David could take a couple days off work, and then maybe get some help from my mom and/or his mom as well. Apparently it is recommended to have someone basically full-time to watch the Toddler and take care of all the household duties for the first TWO WEEKS so I can just focus on the new baby and myself. That is the optimal situation for healing and avoiding complications. Um... hello! That sounds incredible, but also slightly unrealistic(?). Unless you already live with your parents and they're retired, or your husband can just take two weeks off work and magically be able to do ALL the things around the house! Haha. We will see what happens... 
    • She did comment on how good my veins are. She said, "Well... I hope you don't need an IV, but if you do, you're all set!" Or something to that effect. I've always had veiny hands/arms, but with the added blood volume from pregnancy it's like a gross road map!
  • Baby's movements have still been pretty regular, but different. Much more subdued. Baby is running out of space and can't do those big movements anymore. 
  • I feel like Bambi. My hips and pelvis are SO loosey goosey. When I walk I feel like my legs are just going to give out and I'm going to be splayed out on the floor. Obviously this isn't likely, but it is a rather uncomfortable existence. My SI belt seems to help a little with feeling more sturdy, but doesn't help much with the pain. 
  • As much as it is easy to complain, I try really hard to keep a good attitude about everything. I am healthy and my baby is healthy. Everyone is uncomfortable at 38 weeks pregnant!
  • One night I thought maybe my water was leaking, so we talked about our labor plan and made sure everything was ready. We went to bed as usual, and didn't notice anything else going on. I guess I just peed a little... haha!!! Oh third trimester. You really know how to take a woman's dignity!
  • I think my belly is past the point of being "cute", and is now just scary. I was walking down an aisle in the grocery store, and a man entered the aisle and apologized to me and backed out... just because I was in the same aisle... I'm not THAT huge! He was still a bigger person than me! Haha. I also saw him gawking at the giant belly on his way out of the store. Yes. yes... I know... small frame, huge belly, how do I not fall over. 
  • 38 Weeks Pregnant with Dominic - Katrina, this is the week we did side-by-side shots of Dom & Sam in our bellies!
  • 38 Weeks Huggies Graphic
    Pregnant lady

1 comment:

  1. Your belly looks bigger with Dom, or maybe just sitting differently (higher?). We should've got side by side shots this time around!

    ReplyDelete