Tuesday 24 April 2018

37 Weeks (STRIPED SKUNK/HONEYDEW MELON) - 2.0: Apr 17-23




Last pregnancy I did my last bare-belly photos at 37 weeks, so I thought I'd do the same this time. Might as well show off those stretch marks. Battle scars.

  • I have started picking up my activity levels a bit now. Doing some pelvic exercises, walking more, bouncing on the yoga ball, light supported squats, etc. Not trying to get things going yet, but all very useful in getting baby in best birthing position! 
  • I have never-ending hunger, and a REALLY never-ending sweet tooth. It is so bad. I've been making myself what I call "trail mix". It's really just a little bowl of chocolate chips, marshmallows and craisins haha! Occasionally I'll add some pecans or cheerios for crunch factor. 
  • Hospital bag(s) are all packed and ready to go. I have a list in the top of each bag with the "last minute" things to pack (my nightguard, David's toiletries, etc.) We also have a rough plan of what we're going to do with Dom when we go into labour. It's hard to make a set plan because there are so many variables and you never know when it's going to happen or how quickly it's going to progress! At this point, my mom is on call and she will come over and hang out with him here. That way we don't have to worry about packing for him to stay elsewhere too much :)
  • My belly is itchy this week. This is when I really started getting stretch marks last pregnancy, so I'm curious to see how many more I'll get in the next few days/weeks until baby comes.
  • My feet are starting to swell a bit by the end of the day. The last couple weeks of my last pregnancy I started swelling and retaining water weight as well. Just another reminder this is all happening! 
  • Oh hormones... I got mad and cried one night when we went to bed. Baby had been going nutso for 3 hours, and lots of punches to the cervix so I was uncomfortable. We went to bed and David laid down and started falling asleep immediately. I got super upset that he was able to just go to sleep while I had this constant disco dance party in my belly and lightning crotch keeping me awake. I decided in that moment that pregnancy was totally unfair, and I was completely just in being mad at David for this. Haha! I fell asleep eventually and was only up 3-4 times to pee that night *eye roll*. 
  • I also get a panic almost every night thinking about going through labour again. I re-read Dom's birth story this week and it made me feel better, actually. I can do this... I did this... I survived!
  • Walking or activity of any sort, or certain positions gets the contractions going. Nothing regular, but they're starting to come more often with more cramping as well. Maybe I'll just do half the effacing and dilating without actually being in labor. That would be nice... Every day I wake up and think, "Well... today could actually for real be the day!"
  • Weekly midwife appointment!
    • My Weight: 143 lb (up 23.5lb from the start; up 3lb in just one week!)
    • My BP: 100/60
    • Baby HR: 150 BPM
    • Fundus Height: 35-36cm
    • Really not a lot to report from this week's appointment. She gave us a handout on when to call and when to go to the hospital, etc. when labour starts. I am supposed to go when I have been having contractions every 5 minutes, that last 1 minute, for at least 1 hour (5-1-1 rule). With my first pregnancy I was supposed to go when they were every 3 minutes, for at least 2 hours, lasting 1 minute (3-2-1 rule)... I didn't actually go until they were every 2-2.5 minutes and lasting 1-1.5 minutes. Oops... They do not want me to do that this time! 
  • 37 Weeks pregnant with Dominic. I now realize how cute my belly looked at this point last time compared to this time. I now have all the stretch marks from Dom, plus a bunch of new ones from this baby. Not so cute... A little bit scary! We were talking about going swimming last week. I think if we go swimming while I'm still pregnant I might wear a t-shirt. Don't want to freak anyone out! Haha
  • 37 Weeks Huggies Graphic
Pregnant lady

Can't forget about my photo-shoot buddy! He just likes to steal my thunder ;)
People often stop me when I'm out grocery shopping or the like to tell me what a gorgeous baby I have. Glad to know I'm not just biased ;). It's the bald head, big ole cheeks, luscious lips and blue eyes. It also helps that he's generally happy and a total cheeseball nugget.

Dad, you're boring me!

Now I'm angry!! (This was actually Dom caught mid-sneeze, but I think it's hilarious)

No comments:

Post a Comment