Thursday 26 April 2018

Thankful Thursday - 130

This week I'm thankful for...

1. My Besty from the Mid-West(y). Janine made a quick last-minute trip to town this week and I got the privilege of spending a little time with her! Her and Jaia came over one day for some play time with Dom and it was so fun watching the two kids interact. Dom kept walking up to her and just smiling or trying to share toys, and she gave him all the shade at the beginning. Good work, Jaia! Don't let all the boys charm you too quickly haha!
We also had a chance to go out for dinner with just the two of us. That was one of the most fun days I've had in a while, and I was really grateful to be able to do it!

Dom & Jaia, born just 2 days apart.

2 day age difference... 10 lb weight difference. Is Jaia not the most beautiful girl ever? She's got the brains and attitude to match too!

Finally starting to play together



2. Some outings before the baby comes. I've been trying to get out at least once every day, but lately it's been even more than that. It's easy to get out when it's so nice out! 

We've been trying to get out to Storytime at church on Thursdays. Dom LOVES the sand bucket. This time he didn't even try to eat any! He did however, steal many other kids' cups of fish crackers...

Saturday morning Dave and I took Dom to IKEA to pick up a few things. After we got home and Dom had a nap, we went downtown to meet up with Jeff & Marta and to have some pizza with them. Here is D discovering Jeff's guitar. Lots of fun!

Walking to pick up the pizza. It's amazing how close everything is when you live in Vancouver. We went to Chapters which was a 5 minute walk, then went to pick up the pizza and walked home. I was less tired after that then walking around IKEA in the morning.

Super grateful we thought to bring the stroller!

D-man snarfing down some 'za

Selfie with Uncle Jeff & Aunty Marta

On Sunday I went to a baby shower for my cousin Brad & his wife Anita to welcome Charley into the family!



I got happy awake cuddles with this little 3-week old! She's such a cutie <3


On Tuesday we were invited for dinner & dessert to my Oma's house (Oma-ma(?) to Dom). We all devoured the food, as usual, and then we sat on her balcony to enjoy dessert.

Wednesday morning I went over to David's parents' house to have a visit with Gramma! It was super gorgeous out, so we had lunch and then played in the sun for a little bit before packing up to head home for nap time. 
I think Dom needs a bigger hat for this season...

3. Feeling (relatively) well all things considered. Some days it doesn't work out to be out all day. I take a nap every day while Dom naps, varying anywhere from 20 minutes to almost 2 hours. I don't feel overly exhausted or uncomfortable. The temperature is perfect for a skirt and a tank top, which is about all that fits me now anyway! Come check in with me in a week if this baby is still inside. I may feel differently ;). 

It's a mess, but he's quietly scooping pom poms out of this pot with his mini ladle from IKEA.

This picture does not do the Magnolia Trees in our complex justice. I peeked out our master window after taking a nap and saw all the gorgeous pink!

Snuggly snuggles on the couch


Pretty impressive getting both feet in the pot!

With the beautiful weather I laid out a blanket on our patio and let Dom & Sherlock have in/out access while I got some stuff done inside. 






No comments:

Post a Comment