Tuesday 1 December 2020

20 Weeks (TY BEANIE BABY) - 3.0: Nov 24-30

 



  • Baby is getting bigger and stronger! I can't wait until the kids are patient enough to feel baby's kicks!
  • I often feel the kicks way down low. I had my ultrasound this week and was looking forward to them telling me how baby was positioned because I couldn't figure it out!
  • Ultrasound appointment on November 26 (20+2)
    • HR 152BPM
    • Baby is butt down, head up - THAT'S why I always feel the kicks so far down! Both my other kids were way head down at this time; so far down the techs had a hard time scanning their heads properly. Technically this means baby is breech. There's still lots of time and space for baby to flip, but I'm eager for that to happen asap since my uterus tends to lock babies into position by now apparently! Haha
    • The baby cooperated pretty well! He/she was curled up in a tight ball at the beginning, but with some strong prodding from the tech they started to uncurl a bit and turn around so they could get all the scans they needed. No need for me getting up to do jumping jacks and go pee and do planks this time!
    • The tech showed me for a couple minutes at the end which I always love, but it was a little bit anticlimactic since I couldn't have Dave there with me. I also wasn't allowed to film the screen at all (understandably and expectedly), so it felt a little bit less exciting. We did however get some decent pictures since baby's face wasn't smashed into my uterus! Haha!
    • She mentioned baby measured at about 14oz. I seem to recall reading on my what to expect app that baby should be closer to 8 oz right now, so that's fun! 14 oz is the average for 21.5-22 weeks, so it's not THAT far off... 
    • I asked her if there was anything else she could give me, and she said the belly is in the 80th percentile. Oh boy!
    • Emilia was in the 10-50 percentile all around I think, and Dom was 50-90 percentile. I determined well ahead of time that baby's measurements will help me decide whether I think it's a boy or a girl; although I know that it really means nothing haha. So, given the little bit that I know so far, I am now guessing boy! 
    • I have my midwife appointment next Thursday, so I'll get all the details then, unless I can convince them to send me my report ahead of time after it's been looked over by a midwife... I was spoiled getting all the behind the scenes into my own pregnancy before. I miss that! So assuming everything is good in there and there's nothing wrong, I shouldn't hear from the midwife before next Thursday! 
  • I had a day where I went almost an entire day without feeling any movement. Naturally my brain got all anxious. I finally, that evening, figured out that baby was facing my insides. His/her spine was out, and feet were down towards my hip. So any movements were towards my insides and I couldn't feel them. Also it's normal for babies to have a quiet day here and there at this point due to growth spurts. I know these things, but it's still hard not to be anxious! 
Baby #3 - maybe THIS ONE will look like me! Haha

Dominic - look at those cheeks!

Emilia


No comments:

Post a Comment