Thursday 17 December 2020

Thankful Thursday - 244

This week I am thankful for...

1. Slow days. Work has slowed down, it's David's slow season, and we have zero social engagements (other than Zoom chats every so often). It's easy to go stir crazy, but it also means long days in jammies, and a steady routine that allows time for dog walking, working out, tea time, play time, advent activity time, and quiet evenings every day. I would kill for some fun family dinners, but to keep things light and look on the positive side, this is how I'm swinging it! Haha



Dave was brave and took everyone out while I was at work one day. Dom led the way on his bike. 

2. Hello Fresh. I got a free box back in August, but I was too sick (morning sickness) to actually cook/enjoy any of the meals. We had a $20 credit, so decided to order a box this week. I wish I could afford to order these every week! This meal (sesame soy maple chicken) was SO good. We saved the recipe card and will definitely be recreating. The ingredients are so fresh (so fresh, in fact, there was a ladybug on our bok choy), and this meal took less than 30 minutes to make. The second day we had chicken schnitzel, and tonight we're making pork chops. I just love not having to think about it, and that everything is there, set out for you ahead of time. Also, the recipe/instructions is very well designed!



3. Christmas magic. These kids are quite convinced this is the best Christmas season ever. They don't know that we are so restricted and that we miss our families so much. Their whole world is our household right now, and December has been pretty fun in that regard! I am a bit nervous about the amount of gifts they're going to be receiving this year, especially with Dom's birthday just a couple days after Christmas! Hopefully memories from this year will include all the fun family time at home. 


Made some snow globes! I wasn't very prepared, so didn't have the best glue to seal them up. They're a little leaky, but fun to play with anyway! I just won't be setting them out on the mantle for years to come.


I didn't have/couldn't find any little things to put inside, but came across these snowman ornaments. They're too big, but cute at least haha. The kids don't care.


Probably the highlight of Dom's week. Our Advent activity was "Glow stick hide & seek". After a few rounds of hiding glow sticks, or hiding with glow sticks, up and downstairs (which they both thought was just the most amazing thing ever), things naturally evolved into Star Wars battles. 

4. New work computer! I got a new work computer! It's still bigger/heavier than I would have chosen, but that's because we had to get a "business line" computer. It's already much faster than my old one, and I'm excited to get working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment