Monday 5 February 2018

Time for a Change

I booked myself a haircut for this past Friday to get a trim. I'd been growing my hair for a couple years, and it was the longest it's been since... ohhh... probably grade 9 or 10?

I liked the long hair because it was easy to put up, braid, etc. However I was feeling frumpy, it took FOREVER to dry, and it wasn't the same as it was before I had Dominic. 
People warn you about your postpartum hair loss and re-growth, but BOY is it still shocking! Luckily for me I have a ton of hair, so the loss wasn't overly noticeable (unless I pulled my hair back tight), but the re-growth... Wow... I couldn't put my hair up in a pony because I looked like I had a lion's mane!

Friday morning, I start thinking about my haircut in the afternoon, and how I'm going to be spending $40+ on a haircut... Maybe I'd like to go for something different. I've had short hair in the past, and I LOVED it. I considered doing it before I had Dom, but I was afraid of losing the pony-tail. After humming and hawing all day long, I finally decide, "what the heck... it's just hair... might as well!" 

Best. Decision. Ever. I feel so so refreshed, and I feel like me again! This hair actually takes way less time to do than my long hair, and showers are quicker and easier too! If I want to blow-dry and style my hair now it takes tops 10 minutes. I can also just do wash-and-wear, though and it will look good.


I've been going to the same hairdresser for over 20 years now, and never cease to be happy with the 'dos. 

Without further ado... 


BEFORE....




INSPIRATION...




AFTER!!!



Seriously people, if you have straight hair, this is the easiest hairstyle to maintain. Blow-dry it upside down. If you feel like it you can add some mousse, or hairspray and style it a little bit, but it will look cute regardless! 

If you really feel like being dressed up, you can add additional volumizer, throw in some curls, clips, and texture. 

Feeling refreshed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment