Tuesday 13 February 2018

27 Weeks (BUNCH OF BANANAS/FENNEC FOX) - 2.0: Feb 7-13



  • "Welcome to the Third Trimester!" she says, with a swift kick to my bladder. I am 6 months pregnant now... So surreal.
  • I am in pain this week. My hips/pelvis hurt and it makes it difficult to get up from sitting (mostly on the floor) and painful to walk (especially when I've been sitting behind a computer all day!
  • I am feeling this baby girl move around SO much. I will never complain about her moving. Even when it wakes me up at night, or jabs me right in the bladder. 
  • I am SO wiped! My iron levels are very low. They are 11ug/L; anything below 15 is disgnostic of iron deficiency. My iron levels before I was pregnant with Dominic were 93 ug/L, and at the beginning of this pregnancy they were 40. So they've taken a pretty severe hit.  
  • From Thursday night to Friday morning I think I popped even more. I woke up and sat up in bed talking to Dave. I tried to faceplant/flop over back onto my pillow, and my belly all of a sudden stopped me and I couldn't bend over like that anymore. From that day on, I had almost every person I saw (from church to family) commenting on my belly and how pregnant I am. 
  • I had a midwife appointment this week. 4 weeks until my next one, and then they start happening every two weeks for a month and then every week until the due date!
    • Weight: 129.5 lb. I was worried this wasn't enough of a gain (2lb in a month), but the midwife wasn't concerned. Phew! They can't possibly tell me to eat more!
    • BP: 104/60
    • Fundus Height: 25 cm. (Nargiss said I probably measure small because I don't have a lot of fat on my stomach yet. 
    • Baby HR: 140 BPM. Pretty consistent :)
    • I was asking the midwife about kick-counts, and she said not to really worry about it unless bla bla bla. I said baby girl is pretty strong and active, and she showed that while Nargiss was trying to check her heart-rate! Strong heartbeat right away, and then baby started kicking. The first kick was a big one. It completely shocked the midwife. She said, "For a baby this small... that was a RIDICULOUSLY big kick... like REALLY big... why am I even checking the heart rate? Clearly that's a strong healthy baby in there!" Yay!! :)
    • We brought Dom to my appointment and then David had to head out to a shoot. It is hilarious how much Nargiss loves Dom. Dom completely hammed it up for everyone in the office. The other moms or mom-to-be's adored him and his crazy cheesy grin. He's such a social nugget. Nargiss said, "He is just the kind of baby you can't help being happy around!" Keep being a ray of sunshine, Dom!
    • We figure baby is in head down position, but because my muscles are relaxed with both pregnancies being close together, her position can change many times between now and 34ish weeks
    • As mentioned above, my iron levels are extremely low and I have to start taking supplements. I knew this already, but I wanted to get brand recommendations and dosage recommendation from the midwife. I asked about liquid iron, but she said that wasn't enough for how low my iron is. We need to get it up fast, so she gave me a couple names to try out. Palafer 300mg once per day, or some other one with a big name. She assures me I should start feeling better once my levels get up, and they want to check my blood again in 4-5 weeks. *Update, 4 days into taking iron and I do feel great, but that could be partially due to the gorgeous sunshiney weekend!
    • Remember how I was bragging about my blood sugar being low, and how my body just kicked butt?! Turns out that can also (occasionally) be a sign of gestational diabetes. They are recommending I do the 2 hour glucose test, with 10 hours of fasting before-hand. Boo... It's ultimately up to me, and the results will more than likely be negative, but better safe than sorry I guess(?)... I have to do that next week. 
  • 27 Weeks Pregnant with Dominic
  • 27 Weeks Huggies Graphic
    Pregnant lady


My Photo shoot buddy checking out his new digs! We bought this crib from Amy & Brent as their older boys are in bunk beds now. It converts into a Toddler Bed, and will be Dom's place when we move him into the new room in the next couple months!


Love the way he's flipping us the bird in this picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment