Tuesday 6 February 2018

26 Weeks (BOWLING PIN/BUTTERNUT SQUASH) - 2.0: Jan 30-Feb 5


  • I am definitely starting to feel big now. Do I say this every week? There is no hiding it anymore! I can barely get away with most of my loose tops I'd been wearing, and my rain jacket that I wear every single day is tight now over my belly. 
  • Baby weighs 2 lb already! Hard to believe... 
  • This baby is constantly kicking my bladder and insides low down. I don't know if she's breech, or if she just likes to punch and roll around down there. Not super comfortable, though! I cannot for the life of me figure out what position she is in. I had it figured out with Dom by now. I feel like she rolls around and changes much more than he did. 
  • I still feel the hiccups from baby every so often! Fun stuff... Little alien.
  • I like to lean on the kitchen island and rest my head on my hands. I discovered the other day that if I do this for a minute or two it takes a lot of weight off my back. I didn't notice until I stood up and all the pressure was back on my lower back again. 
  • My energy levels are pretty good. I find that work provides some nice down-time for me and I have more energy for home-life when I get home at the end of the day, which I'm really enjoying. 
  • I went for my Gestational Diabetes Screening on Jan 31st in the morning. I'm so glad I only have to do the 1 hour test (assuming results come back negative). I don't have to fast before hand, so I can eat breakfast. I can't imagine drinking that fluorescent orange concoction on an empty stomach and then letting it stew in my stomach for an hour. YUCK! 
    • I checked my ehealth online to get the results from my bloodwork. My iron is super low (11 ug/L), so the midwife will definitely tell me to get on some supplements. My glucose was also low. Normaly range is 4.4-7.7. Mine was 3.6 mmol/L. I will see what the midwife says, but it sounds like my body just metabolized the sugar load really well. Hopefully the abnormal reading doesn't mean I have to go for the diagnostic test!
  • Bring on the burn... The heartburn that is! Almost every day, usually in the evening after I eat dinner, I get heartburn. It's not terrible yet, but already worse than I had with Dom, and I still have 14 weeks to go! *Worried face*
  • Sometimes at night I wake up with a crazy Braxton Hicks contraction. If I get up to go pee it goes away and I feel better, but it's like my whole body contracts up. I have also been starting to get leg cramps at night. Oh the joys of pregnancy I forgot about! I totally remember this with Dom too.
  • 26 Weeks Pregnant with Dom
  • 26 Weeks Huggies Graphic
    Pregnant lady

1 comment: