Tuesday 20 February 2018

28 Weeks (ECHIDNA/ROLLER BLADE) - 2.0: February 13-18



  • Heartburn and lower back pain are my chief complaints this week. The heartburn isn't horrible, but it is relatively constant whenever I am moving around or bending over/lifting things. Having a toddler... this happens a lot! The lower back pain affects my walking. 
  • Speaking of heartburn, they say that if you have heartburn it's more likely your baby will be born with hair. YOU MEAN I MAY NOT HAVE ANOTHER BALD BABY?! I can't even imagine my babies with hair! Haha
  • With my iron levels gradually increasing, I'm feeling more energetic and "normal". Of course I'm still tired, but this is more of a normal tired feeling, not a complete wipe-out like it has been. 
  • I went for my second Glucose Tolerance test, because my first 1 hour screening came back low as mentioned last week. This one is a 2 hour test, but nobody really told me what to expect when I got to the lab. I had to fast for 10 hours before going, so I booked a morning appointment. They took my blood when I got there, and then I drank the drink - that nasty drink! I then had to be in the waiting room for 2 hours I was told. Some Googling told me I would have blood drawn at 1 hr and 2 hr mark, but nobody said so, so I didn't think anything of it when the 1 hr mark came and went. At about 1 hr 40 minutes I got called up to have my blood drawn again. I thought maybe this was it, and I could go to work after! The nurse(?) who took my blood told me to go sit down again and wait at least 50 MORE minutes until I would be called up again. Um... how did this 2 hour test get turned into 3 hours?! I have to go to work!
    About 20 minutes later, they call me to get my blood drawn for the 2 hour mark. I explain that I just had it done and was told to wait another hour, but it turns out they made a mistake on their end. The 1 hr blood work never should have been missed. The doctor may suggest I do the test again. UM NOPE! I am not doing it again unless my numbers come back totally crazy. It's not my fault they messed up! Fingers crossed the results are normal and I can get back to my cookies and muffins ;).
  • The first bloodwork room had this bed in it. I was hoping (out loud) they would let me lay here for the 2 hours. They said no. Worth a shot though, right?
     
    • Update for Glucose test: All my results came back in range. No gestational diabetes for me! I wasn't really concerned about it, I mostly just didn't want to do the test again.
  • Baby has started kicking me at night and waking me up with it. I don't remember this much at all with Dom. Maybe because my placenta was in the front, shielding much of the kicking? I will never complain about a kicking baby. Well... not for real anyway. Come talk to me when she starts getting into my ribs (which Dom was already doing at this point).
  • 28 Weeks Pregnant with Dominic
  • 28 Weeks Huggies Graphic
    Pregnant lady


No comments:

Post a Comment