Thursday 22 February 2018

Thankful Thursday - 121

This week I am feeling thankful for...

1. My body. Feeling this baby grow and kick inside of me, and seeing Dom run around everywhere makes me marvel at how incredible the human body is. I am amazed that my body was able to grow and carry these creatures for 9 months. When we first found out we were pregnant with Dom, he was the size of a POPPY SEED! That's like the period at the end of this sentence. Now he's an almost 30lb toddler with a jolly personality. 


Seriously... women kick ass.


I feel bigger than this.

2. Quality time with my first-born. Some days I get a little melancholy realizing that my days with just Dom and I are soon going to be over. I worry about how he will react to sharing my attention. Will he be jealous? Will he act out? Will he be upset? For now I try to focus on the days/weeks I have left with the two of us and try very hard to cherish the "gold star" moments of each day. The other night as I was putting Dom to bed, I kissed his forehead and said, "I love you!" He sat up, said, "Ma ma......... Da Da." and leaned in for another kiss. MELT MY HEART WHY DON'T YOU!



I have a feeling a Dom selfie 25 years from now will look VERY similar to this, but maybe with hair.

Sharing some chili together. I am starting to get over the fact that eating is going to be messy, and that's okay. It's hard!

3. David is published again! David's photos made it into the Vancouver Home Magazine - Kitchen Edition on a 6 page spread AND the back cover! The beginning of the article gives him photographer credit, and the front of the magazine lists him as one of the photographers in the magazine. He was in a magazine last year, but there was no photo credit; just personal pride and sense of accomplishment. 

Here is a link to the magazine. His photos are pages 106-111, and the back cover :). Proud wife!



No comments:

Post a Comment