Thursday 25 January 2018

Thankful Thursday - 117

1. Best Visitors. Last Friday, David was home with Dom and he wanted to get out of the house, so they came by my work to say hi. I loved bringing them (okay... mostly Dom...) around to introduce to everyone. 


This face kills me. Such a strange, grown up smile for him. Normally he is VERY VERY cheesy.



Figuring out the buckles on my lanyard.

2. Organization. Ahhhh.... I love love love getting things organized! I feel so accomplished when everything has its place! I can't wait to get Dom's new toddler room emptied of our "junk" and organized with his stuff and new crib! (Yes, I realize my organization excitement made the Thankful Thursday 2 weeks straight. It's the little things...)


Thank you Pinterest for this idea to clear off some shelves and get these things out of Dom's reach!!


3. Introvert in the making. I think Dom has tendencies I didn't expect from him. I fully expected an extroverted, energetic boy who is just a bull in a china shop at all times. Maybe he will still be like that, but I have definitely been noticing some "quieter" tendencies/quirks that I am enjoying watching develop.


He needs his down time. If he is overwhelmed, tired or hurting he just needs his blanket and a good snuggle. He was having a rough day here, and I was making dinner and looked over to see him casually laying on the floor reading his book <3

Cuddle time with Uncle Scott after bonking his face and a super scary Opa sneeze.


He is most outgoing in small groups with people he is familiar with.

He doesn't like his food to touch (we are still investigating whether this is an actual thing or a fluke), and his drink MUST be in the cup holder if he's not currently drinking it. If I mix his food he will throw it on the floor. If it's separated, he will go through and eat one thing at a time. If I put his cup of milk on his tray he will look at me all annoyed and put it in the cupholder. 

He will sit and play quietly for long periods of time all by himself. Particularly if he's trying to figure something out (buckles, puzzles, legos, etc.)

What can you find to be thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment