Friday 5 January 2018

Thankful Thursday - 114

This is my last week before I return to work... Aside from being SO grateful for being able to be away from work and with my little boy for over a year, I'm thankful for...

1. An easy-going baby. Dominic is hilarious. He's indepentent, determined (to get the buckles on his high-chair figured out), cheeky, introverted, and chubby! He makes me laugh every day. 


I stick him on the potty before bath-time just to get him used to it. He sits there like a middle-aged fat man, quite content. Cracks me up!!

Afternoon snack time! His snacks are bigger than many kids' lunches...

More playing in his house <3

2. A Christmas Dinner. Our Small Group had our Christmas dinner January 4th. It's always chaotic with 4 little ones, but we went a little early this year to hang out before hand too which was really nice!


"You know... I really think we NEEEEEEEEED wine glasses..." - Carter

Eli desperately begging for food from Dom's tray. Poor guy!

3. A close call. I'm thankful for this because it was just a close call, nothing more. I was making cookies last night, and my growing belly must have bumped an element on the stove. We were sitting on the couch (thank goodness; I'll occasionally run upstairs to fold laundry or something while things are in the oven), and I look into the kitchen to see smoke billowing up. "WHAT'S BURNING?!" I ask Dave. He runs to the kitchen and finds there was a wooden spatula laying on an element that was turned onto high, and it was very close to catching fire. We managed to avoid smoke detectors, though our house still smells like smoke.
PSA to everyone! DOUBLE CHECK YOUR ELEMENTS AND DO NOT LEAVE THINGS ON YOUR STOVE!!! You never think it will happen to you, until it does (or in our case almost does)




4. Back to agility. After over a month off for Christmas break, we're back at agility this week. Sherlock ran like the wind! I literally couldn't keep up. This is a BIG deal if you know Sherlock! So much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment