Tuesday 16 January 2018

23 Weeks (CHINCHILLA) - 2.0: Jan 9-15


  • Oh you're back at work? Here... let's start with Braxton Hicks contractions! I wonder if those coincide at all! I had an over all good, but stressful week at work. 
  • I got a horrible cold this week after one day back at work...Again, I don't think this is a coincidence! Maybe the world is trying to tell me something ;). The worst part about having a cold while you're pregnant and have a toddler and you're at your first week back at work is that you can't take cold meds! Do you know how badly I just want to down some Nyquil and sleep the day/night away? So badly... Oh well... water, hot showers and decaf tea it is I guess! 
  • Other than my cold this week, I had been feeling so great this pregnancy... well now it's all sickness and headaches! Work, I tell ya! It's harder on my body than chasing after a toddler all day. What's that all about? 
  • We had another midwife appointment this week. I always look forward to them, but they're usually pretty quick. This week there was a new nurse practitioner in training, so they spent some extra time with us. She was able to find the baby's heartbeat immediately, and she was kicking away at the doppler. Love that!!! <3
    • My Weight: 127lb. (+7.5lb from the beginning).There's the weight gain the midwives wanted! It was fun being encouraged to put on a few over Christmas... challenge accepted!
    • Blood Pressure: 104/62
    • Baby HR: 146BPM
    • Fundus height: 22cm. This is measuring 1cm "small", but I'm happy with that because at my last appointment I was measuring 2cm small! Growith is good!!
    • Ultrasound results: Baby is measuring all 10-50th percentile. Dom was all 50-90th, so I'm excitedly hoping for a petite baby girl with a smaller head than Dom! Haha. My cervix measures 4cm. Anything over 2.5cm they're happy with. Everything looks good and "normal". I have been so blessed with uneventful pregnancies so far. I hope to keep it that way, but I don't take it for granted. 
    • Set up my Gestational Diabetes testing for January 31st (I'll be 26 weeks). This time they're again just sending me for the 1 hour screening test instead of the 2 hour test that you have to fast for because they figure I'm low risk. YAY! I hope the screening comes back negative so I can just be done with it!
    • I asked them about kick counts and when to start that. She said it's typically around 28 weeks they recommend starting the kick counts, and to look for about 6 kicks in 2 hours. Oh... okay... that's no problem. If I sit still I can get 6 kicks in 45 seconds! She's an active little girl! 
  • 23 Weeks Pregnant with Dominic
  • 23 Weeks Huggies Graphic
    Pregnant lady

My photo shoot buddy! Last pregnancy it was Sherlock... this time it's Dom :)
Poor Sherlock... so neglected.



No comments:

Post a Comment