Tuesday 23 January 2018

24 Weeks (EGGPLANT/ATLANTIC PUFFIN) - 2.0: Jan 16-22


  • Starting this week off with some nesting. I am feeling better after my cold last week, and have started to clear out our guest room, which will become Dom's room so the new baby can have the nursery! 
  • I am starting to notice my belly being more and more in the way. I can't squeeze through tight spots anymore and I bump it on things. I've also started having back pain when I sleep. I have the snoogle and lots of pillows, but my body just doesn't want to sleep on my left side like it's supposed to!
  • Gross... I have a vericose vein on my right leg. Luckily it's winter and it's up on the back of my thigh where nobody has to see it. It doesn't look as bad as it sounds, but it's kind of a gross thing to think about. Why is this a pregnancy thing? Can't we just get away with being fat and uncomfortable and giving birth without all the weird side effects?!
  • No linea nigra yet. That's the dark line that goes down from your bellybutton. With Dom it didn't really show up at all until after he was born, which is weird. Even then, though it was quite faint. 
  • People ask me often if I notice big differences between this pregnancy and my last. I typically answer that it's all pretty similar, but I feel like she moves more than Dom did (maybe I just don't remember). Someone said that the difference for them between their son and daughter was the types of movements, not so much the frequency. The boy was a bit more sporadic and "jabby" as I'll call it, whereas the girl was more "roll-ey". Once she said it, I totally resonated. This girl rolls all over the place in my tummy. It is a very weird feeling! Different than the kicks and punches I had with Dom. 
  • I had a dream recently that we had the baby. Well... I had my parents and David's parents over, Dave was at a friends house. I felt funny so I went to the bathroom and had the baby (please don't let this be a bathroom floor baby for real!). She came out like a 6 week old, all smiles, but with a CRAZY head of hair. Think Troll hair! Haha!! Opposite of Dom. I called David to tell him he should probably head home because I had the baby, and he just said, "Pfft... I'm out with my friends." Yup... sounds like Dave! (NOT!). I can't wait to see what this little girl will look like as she grows up :)
  • 24 Weeks Pregnant with Dominic
  • 24 Weeks Huggies Graphic
    Pregnant lady

No comments:

Post a Comment