Thursday 11 January 2018

Thankful Thursday - 115

This week I am grateful for...

1. Having Tuesday off. I am using vacation time to take every Tuesday off for January and February. I had my first day back to work on Monday, and I was totally beat by the end of the day. I couldn't accomplish any of the "daily duties" around the house after Dom went to bed. Tuesday felt so refreshing! I slept in till 7, enjoyed some quality time with Dom, went to EE's, visited my Mom at work, went to Noah's Ark (where he was a TOTAL ham and very independent which was encouraging), came home to feed Dom, put him down for a nap, had a nap myself, walked the dog, made our lunches for the next day... started this blog. All before 2:30pm! 


I brought tea and cookies on my walk... no shame!! Also it was a nice change to get out with just the dog and I, as David was home editing while Dom napped :)

2. Week 1 of work is going well. So far so good work-wise. I'm EXHAUSTED! Dom has been at daycare this week. Naps are hit or miss at this point, but I'm confident they'll find a routine that works for them :) It just means earlier bedtimes for Dom this week, which also means I get to go to bed earlier which I am not complaining about! I came down with a cold after my first day back at work, so the extra rest is great!

Adorable update from Louise. Oh Dom... happy boy! She's been spoiling me with pictures! 

3. Visits with extended family. As mentioned in a previous post, we had the Gerber Family Christmas last weekend. Just about everyone was there, and it was sooo nice to see some of them again! On Saturday Stephanie and Aunty Candy came over for a few hours to see Dom and hang out and catch up. 


A very hazy photo of most of the clan! There were 43 people there, that I can count off the top of my head. And two little babies in bellies!! <3




4. Kit & Ace Sample Sale. If you know me, you know I am not a fan of shopping or spending money. I also don't like to wear clothes with labels on them. (ex... american eagle except their jeans, GAP, etc.). Marta works in Accounting for Kit & Ace, a branch of Lululemon I believe, and they make very high quality SUPER comfortable clothing. RIGHT up my alley!! They were having a sample sale last week, where items that are regular $180 were on for $15, for example. I intended on buying a cashmere cardigan because I could wear that throughout pregnancy and weight fluctuations. I came out with... the cardigan, 5 long sleeves and three t-shirts... oh and one t-shirt for Dave. OOPS!! (This is on top of the t-shirt and long-sleeve already own). I purchased probably about $1,500 worth of clothing for $145. And it's all high quality that is going to last me a long time. 

Between my Sweetlegs Leggings (so comfy you feel like you're not wearing pants. AKA my no-pants-pants), and my new K&A wear, I look all dressed up and put-together, but I feel like I'm in my PJ's!! Major pregnancy win! 

No comments:

Post a Comment