Monday 4 December 2017

Bring on the Christmas!

December is my favorite time of year for many reasons. 

Firstly, it's my birthday (December 11). Secondly, I love the coziness of Christmas time; the lights, decorations, hot chocolate, candles, traditions, etc. In a couple weeks we find out the gender of our second babe. We have Dominic's first birthday this year on December 27! There are so many reasons to get together with family and see people you haven't seen in a long time. 

We are so fortunate to be a part of amazing, close families. I am blessed to not be able to relate with those who talk about their dramatic family dinners filled with yelling, arguing and/or sadness. December for me has always been a gezellig time of year. I can't wait to continue these warm feelings and traditions with David and our growing family. 

We started our Christmas festivities this weekend with our Christmas tree hunting! Every year we go to a farm and select the perfectly imperfect tree to chop down and bring home to our living room. It was cold and raining, but we made the most of it!

The Santa suit was an absolute must! So cozy and adorable!


A man and his dog



David and I decorated the tree while Dominic napped, and his face was priceless when he came down from his nap to see all the lights and shiny ornaments! We have an old dog fence around the tree to keep him from hurting himself. He will stand up on the gate and put his hands through or over to get a feel of the tree often though. If he's getting a little over-excited I look at him and shake my head and say, "No no no..." so now he just gets up there and starts shaking his head, haha!



This isn't so bad! Would be nice without the fence, but it definitely helps.

I was able to attend church on Sunday and David stayed home for Dom's nap. It's been a long time since I've gone. Our church's Advent theme is the "Advent Conspiracy", and this week Sid's sermon was about "giving more" of ourselves and our time, and our presence instead of just presents. It was beautifully delivered and I think everyone should listen to this series!!

The gorgeous decorations at the church

Every year there is a puppet show for each week of advent. Most of the jokes are for the adults, but the kids seem to enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment