Thursday 21 December 2017

Thankful Thursday - 112

Yesterday was the most gorgeous day. I love love love when we get some snow and then it's sunny and frozen. It's not ideal for walking the dog or driving in, but it certainly beats the soggy wet winters we have! 

This week I'm thankful for...

1. Being okay with having stupid moments. Everybody ALWAYS comments on how huge/sturdy/fat/chunky/thick/big Dom is. Always. I love it. I am always proud of it. Somehow though, every time I looked at the growth chart, it came out that he was roughly the 50th percentile. I figured that maybe he just looked way bigger than he was because he has a huge head and those big round cheeks. My suspicions were reignited when we went for his flu shot booster the other day and the nurse was surprised by his size for his age, and he came to 27 lb 6 oz. on their scale. She commented on his meaty legs, and I took a good look at him the other day and noticed it too. Finally, I asked David to check the growth chart for me because it just wasn't making sense that he was only 50th percentile. I couldn't imagine a much bigger 1-year-old, but what do I know?! I'm a first time Mom! 
Well... as it turns out, I was using the length in cm instead of the weight in lb to check his weight percentile on the chart... Dominic is NOT the 50th percentile for weight... he is closer to the 100th... NOW I GET IT! THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! We had a really good laugh about this, and now I don't feel bad when I can hardly lift my own child half the time! 

This shirt sums it up!

I guess if this was 50th percentile I'd feel really terrible for anyone with a bigger baby...

2. Nap Times! I am relishing in my afternoon nap times while I can. If I don't have plans, and I'm feeling groggy, I will often lay down on the couch for a power nap during Dom's second nap of the day. Sherlock always comes for a snuggle too! In a couple weeks these nap times won't be possible, because I'll be at work at this time :( Boo!



3. Opening gifts. Dom is a little disinterested with the act of opening presents it seems. We opened a few presents from Opa & Oma (my parents) the other day. Opa may have been more excited, but Dom is loving his new books and bath toys! And I'm excited to have a couple adorable outfits for him to grow into! (He's now in 18 month clothing mostly). 



No comments:

Post a Comment