Tuesday 26 December 2017

20 Weeks (CANTALOUPE) - 2.0: Dec 19-25


Would you look at that... I'm pregnant!
  • I am already halfway through this pregnancy. Too quick!! TOO QUICK! 
  • We had our big ultrasound this week, and FOUND OUT THE GENDER!! (Reveal post to follow)
  • How do people get those gorgeous ultrasound pictures? Ours are always a little disappointing haha. Here's a profile shot of our little bean. You can sort of make out a nose and lips :) Hopefully a smaller head than Dominic too! ;)

    At the top of this one you can see between the two crosses is a foot :) The foot measures roughly 3.1cm long. SO TINY!

    • We went to Medray Imagine in Coquitlam, because we knew they would share the gender if they could see it. My appointment time took wayy longer than the "usual" appointment. The exact same situation as what happened with Dom. Baby was head down, with the head WAY down. The tech had a really hard time getting the images of the head anatomy she needed. Baby didn't cooperate at all until the last 10 minutes or so. I went pee three times, did jumping jacks, laid on my stomach, wiggled around on all fours and did my best to get baby moving. About 35 minutes into the appointment she said she was getting stressed about because baby's legs were shut tight and she couldn't even see the gender! (We told her we wanted it in an envelope to open for Christmas Eve, so the pressure was on!)
    • Finally after one more jiggle and wiggle, baby moved and she could get the shots she needed and confirm the gender for herself. David was brought in to check out our little babe. Baby was curled right up and totally squished in there. I wish we had more time to see. We got a really good shot of the feet, but couldn't get a great profile shot in real life or in the pictures she printed for us. Oh well... 
    • Midway through the appointment when she had my on my belly trying to get baby to move, she went through some reports and said all the measurements look exactly where they should be at this point, so that's nice to hear! It's always hard in ultrasounds because they can't tell you anything. You're left in the dark. No news is good news from the doctor/midwife though. 
    • The ultrasound tech suspects that the reason the ultrasounds were so difficult with both babies is because of the way my uterus is tilted, it allows babies to go way way down and snuggle right in. Makes sense to me! 
    • She confirmed my placenta is on the back, so I'll feel more movement with this pregnancy. Definitely can confirm that! 
  • I've been feeling tons of movement. This little babe is active!
  • The internet tells me to avoid lifting heavy objects and twisting as I lift because I could easily damage my back at this point. Um... yea... how do I avoid lifting a 28lb baby who can't walk on his own yet, and who loves to be carried and climbs all over me and needs to be hastily lifted away from the dog's crate? I have definitely already injured my back. Not badly at this point, but I'll have to be very aware of it and be careful!
  • 20 Weeks pregnant with Dominic
  • 20 Weeks Huggies Graphic
    Pregnant lady


Here is Dominic's ultrasound photo from 20 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment