Thursday 14 December 2017

Turning 26 - GLOW

Monday, December 11 was my 26th birthday. Last year I was about a billion weeks pregnant, so we didn't do a whole lot for my birthday. Visited with family, ate lots of yummy food, etc.

This year we wanted to do something a little special.
David got up with Dom so I could sleep in, but I was still up and at em by 7am. I came down to flowers, a Starbucks card and a scratch & win! Perfect!! We had breakfast together, and then he had a busy work day, so I went about my regular business. 

In the afternoon David's parents came over to hang out with Dom for a few hours. David took me to the Glow Christmas in Langley. We then met up with my parents at Cactus Club for birthday dinner. It feels like it's been a long time since we ate with just the 4 of us together. It was really nice! After dinner we came back to our house and had dessert with my parents and David's whole family. 


I had such a wonderful day. I felt like a regular adult, having a fun date with her husband :)

Glow was right up my alley! A. BRIGHT LIGHTS! B. It was indoors (I HATE being cold). C. There was food, shopping, walking, and happiness all around!
I have to admit I got a little emotional seeing all the little ones running around, and all the newborn babies being held. I pictured us next year attending this sort of thing with Dom toddling all over and our new baby in our arms. Dom would have LOVED it, but I'm glad we went with just the two of us this year. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment