Thursday 7 December 2017

Thankful Thursday - 111

1. David is home to spend quality time with us as a family. David's work has been really slow (with the exception of the last couple days). This makes things very tight financially which can be stressful. Instead of allowing that to stress me out, I am SO grateful he is home. We have been able to go for walks, run errands, bake cookies, get some chores done, decorate for Christmas, and hang out as a family much more than many families are able to. I do not take this for granted. Sure, it would be nice to not have to worry about the mortgage payment tomorrow or the ever-rising Christmas bills, but I wouldn't trade this quality time for anything!



2. Sleep sleep sleep! I could definitely be grateful for this every week. Dominic is SUCH a good sleeper. (Sorry Kat, not trying to rub it in ;)). I am getting more sleep now than I will when I'm back to work for sure, and then the new baby comes and I'll just never sleep again! Sleep train, people. It is worth it!


I don't know where he learned this behaviour... He found my bowl from my muffin with some remnants of butter and sugar in it. Nothing is safe anymore!

ALL the giggles! Dave, I said it was wind DOWN time!


Great sleep = happy, goofy child


3. Baby kicks <3. I am 18 weeks and 2 days pregnant, and Dave and I both felt the baby from the outside yesterday. I was so excited! It's finally starting to feel real. In some ways I feel like I love this baby/pregnancy more than my first pregnancy. Probably because I see Dom and I know sort of what to expect and the relationship we'll have with this one. 



2 comments:

  1. When I read back at my old posts from about 10 years ago (having one boy and pregnant with another) things were definitely tighter financially and I wish I hadn't worried about it so much. I'm glad I was frugal but I took on more and more different side jobs (example: tutoring) to compensate and feel like I missed out on just enjoying life if that makes sense. At this stage, we are comfortable and finances aren't a stress (now watch our van die tomorrow)–you'll get there! I understand David's job is different than Gary' steady salary but after our 2nd was born I got sick and was unable to go back to work and that caused a lot of stress going to one income. I wish I was able to see 10 years down the road and take a deep breathe...Just one thing I do reflect back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren’t those family days amazing?! I’m so sad to be coming to the end of Brayd’s school years. I wish he could be a student forever. Our culture places so much value on work and career and having all the fancy things that people miss these years with their young kids!

    ReplyDelete