Thursday 23 November 2017

Thankful Thursday - 109

We often take our lives for granted, but I try every week to appreciate and be grateful for some little things to remind me how blessed we are. 

This week I am thankful for...

1. Christmas Lights. Somehow David was convinced to pull out the Christmas boxes early this year! We don't have many surfaces to put decorations on. I like to keep our counters clear (okay... so that we can pile dishes and crap on them. They're not really clear), and we don't have a coffee table, so we just put up lights, a garland, and our pantry snowman for now. The real decorations come out when the tree goes up! We always go to a farm and pick out a tree to cut down and put up, but it's so expensive! I really don't want to get a fake tree, but it does seem much more cost effective... We will see. 





2. Major chunk. I know I should be over it by now, but I think that when Dom lost all that weight in the first few days of his life and we struggled with nursing and gaining weight, I was a little bit scarred. Any time someone comments on how chunky he is or how big his cheeks are I get a little bit proud. Yup... fat baby!



3. Community. Even though I spend a lot of my time "alone" at home, I really appreciate always having friends I can turn to. Friends, I think we need to take some pictures together one day! 

Some of Dom's community :)

No comments:

Post a Comment