Thursday 9 November 2017

Thankful Thursday - 107

Ahh yes! Thankful Thursday time!

This week I'm grateful for...

1. An extra hour of sleep. I did not expect this at ALL! Dominic crushed daylight savings. How did we get so lucky? He slept until 6:30, which feels like 7:30, and has been sleeping through the night until 6:30 every day since! We have been going to bed early (think 9pm...) so I'm feeling well rested. Woo hoo! Definitely not taking this for granted!


Dom loves to read his books.


Lots of sleep equals happy peek-a-boo-ing baby!

2. Great Talize finds. Last Friday my Aunty Sonya came over for a bit to hang out with Dom so I could go out and do some shopping. I went to the new Talize in Langley to get Dom some clothes that would fit him that weren't just sweatpants. I got some ADORABLE items! And the most I spent was $4.99 on any of them! I would never have paid full price for any of these things (because I'm cheap), but I don't feel bad now! Also, a benefit of second-hand clothing is that it's already been washed and worn, so shrinking is done!


Sweater, fleece-lined jeans and little booties! <3 Also this toque was handmade (not by me) and is designed to keep his head warm, but he carries it around and snuggles it like a mini blanket. Whatever floats your boat buddy! Haha

Cute little pic Aunty Sonya took while we were out. I feel like he looks different here. I think it's because you can see his hair. Yup! It's there! Just VERY blonde haha. He has dark eyelashes though which frame his beautiful blue eyes. We get so many comments on his eyes and his lips. Both of which he got from his father. :)

3. Playroom at Gramma & Grandpa's. David's parents have been cleaning out some rooms in their house, and they set up a little play area for Dom in David's old room. It has a little cabinet that David's Grandpa built years and years ago, and houses toys that Dave and his sisters played with when they were kids. Super cute! Dom loved crawling around investigating/ripping apart the toys!



What could be better than bedding covered in puppies and a big puppy on the pillow? You can't tell here, but he was very excited about it!

4. New hobby. I was feeling like a total lump sitting on the couch every night watching TV and accomplishing nothing, so I decided to take up knitting. I have been knitting headband ear-warmer things. Fun to accomplish something every night! I also had a sore throat for a few days and was scared of spreading the sickness, so I took it easy. That led to more downtime on the couch... knitting. I am an old lady at heart. No regrets!


Ones I've knitted so far. Clearly haven't sewed some of them together yet.

Is snuggling Sherlock while (still...) wearing my house coat also a hobby?

So cozy! This one is really warm because of the braided cable pattern. Makes it extra cushy.

What are some things you have to be grateful for this week? 

1 comment:

  1. Where is the new Talize?!
    I aaaalways wear something on my ears! They get cold fast and if they do then I get a terrible headache! Those are super cute!

    ReplyDelete