Friday 10 November 2017

5 Years of Marriage - He's My Person

David and I have been married for 5 years now. We have been dating or together for 10 years. David and I were 16/15 respectively when we started dating. 
It all started with our friends Jen & Mitch introducing us. We held hands and watched "The Longest Yard" on our first double date with them. We went to see "Rush Hour 3" in the theatres for our second date (I may have lied to my mom and told her I was going with more people when it was really just David and I... oops! Haha). Our third date started with Jen & I taking the bus to Dave & Mitch's houses (they were neighbours). Dave asked me to go for a walk, and as we approached Mitch's place around the block he kept asking if I was cold. I'm stubborn, and was fine, so I kept saying, "Nope! I'm good." Little did I know then, he was hoping I'd say yes so he could pull me in for a kiss. Haha! 
Eventually he pulled me in and kissed me, and then asked if I would be his girlfriend. So official! I said, "YES!" and the rest is history!

On November 10, 2012 Dave and I said "I do" in front of our family and friends. Since that day, we have accomplished many things together!

1. We got married (November 10, 2012)


2. We moved into our first basement suite (November 11, 2012)


This was apparently before the days that I documented everything with pictures... but this is what I could scrounge up!


3. We went to the Royal Hideaway in Playa Del Carmen for our Honeymoon (November 12, 2012)

Photo courtesy of Adam Lamberg (better known by most as Gordo from Lizzie McGuire). Yes... he and his new wife were on their "mini-moon" at the same time and resort as us! 


4. David started up his own business after his boss suddenly passed away and he was left without a job (January 2013)



5. We went to LA/Disneyland for our first anniversary (November 2013)




6. We moved into a new basement suite, also in Fraser Heights (March 2014)

I couldn't find any pictures from this basement suite either! It was a super cute place. Here is a picture of Sherlock from our first Christmas there.

Mini-collage from Dave's birthday just a couple days after we moved in.

7. We went to Europe (August 2014)



8. We brought Sherlock into our family (October 2014)


9. We bought and moved into our first house (August 2015)



10. We went to Orlando/Universal Studios/the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (November 2015)



11. We struggled with infertility (November 2014-April 2016)


12. We got pregnant (April 2016)


13. We brought Dominic into this world (December 27, 2016)


14. We got pregnant again (August 2017)


15. We celebrated our 5th anniversary together. We didn't have much of a plan for the day, but we knew Courtney was coming to watch Dom in the afternoon. We went out to get my ring cleaned, went to Starbucks to get our BOGO free holiday drink, perused Chapters, and went to Homesense, Winners and Michaels to do some shopping. 
After this we watched the sunset from a park by the Langley airport, and then tried to figure out where to go for dinner. We thought about trying something new, but instead picked a few of our favorite places and did a 3-course restaurant hop! It was a lot of fun! 
Appetizer at Milestones: Mediterranean Goat Cheese Platter
Main Course at Cactus Club: BBQ Duck Sandwich for Dave, Blackened Creole Chicken for me
Dessert at Olive Garden: Chocolate Mousse and Strawberry White Chocolate Dolcinis. 

It turned out to be a wonderful and long date, and now we're exhausted and stuffed!!! 

I had to make sure we got one selfie from our date, because I knew the rest of the pictures would be of food!

Well... they tried!

Watching the sunset and something spooked a huge flock of geese. There were hundreds of them flying over Fraser Highway and our car for a good 5 minutes. Random, but cool!

Goat Cheese Appetizer. So Delicious! Just wish we could have had some wine with it...

Always a winner at Cactus Club.

Yum yum!

We were in and out of Olive Garden in 10 minutes flat. 

David and I have gone through many seasons in our marriage together. It has not always been easy; some of the seasons have been incredibly challenging. 

I have always been grateful to have David as my partner in life. I've been watching Grey's Anatomy (a lot) lately, and let's just say, "He's my person." 

No comments:

Post a Comment