Wednesday 1 November 2017

Halloween - Harry Potter & Pandas!

Dominic's First Halloween! How was it, you ask? A total bust for him! Haha

He only took two very short naps during the day, and spent much of the day whining and crying and screaming at me. His bedtime was early (before appropriate trick or treating time started), so we missed out on that part of his first Halloween. I was emotional and upset about this, but I know he won't remember. I just wanted cute pictures of it all! 

Even though he was miserable, I decided to put him in his costume and bring him downstairs for some pictures anyway. Some of them turned out pretty cute! Most of them he just has a scowl on his face. Stinker!


Dom was a Panda because: 1. We got the costume for cheap on the bidding site. 2. He's obsessed with this Kung Fu Panda stuffy that was always on the shelf in David's office :)






Seriously so hard to narrow down which photos to post... We had over 40!

Dave and Scott put hours of work into our yard this year. David is really into Halloween. Me... not so much! I don't know why that is. I think at this point in my life I only have so much "free" time, and that's not what I would choose to spend it on! That being said, I'm grateful the two boys did all the work, as it is tons of fun seeing the neighborhood enjoy it!

They did a Harry Potter theme this year, and made lots of props for it. They carved amazing pumpkins, made "potions", clever book covers, horcruxes, moving "WANTED" posters, and set up the atmosphere with HP music, Aragog's lair, floating candles, and even a projector!

It all came together beautifully and they were the talk of the block! Pretty cool! We went through about 300 candies. Some of the houses in our area get up to 1000 kids if they're on the "main drag", but that sounds expensive! Now we're left with the mess, but I'll be excited to get all this stuff packed away until next year, let's be honest! :) Get my house back! Is it too soon to start thinking about Christmas?

How do you baby-proof Christmas?! Yikes...


It looked even better when it was actually dark out, and the ambiance was made by the music. I figured I should take pictures before it got too dark though, because... well... photos in the dark are hard!


Wizard's Chess, Voldemort's wand, the Elder wand, and Harry's wand, potions, and a Dumbledore!

Aragog's lair!

The chamber of secrets has been opened


Image may contain: indoor
Photo taken earlier in the day so Dave could advertise on our neighborhood's Facebook group!






1 comment:

  1. Wow that is some serious decorating and a seriously cute panda!!

    ReplyDelete