Monday 1 February 2021

Thankful Thursday - 250

 250 weeks of finding things to be thankful for! That's pretty cool!  Almost 4 years' worth!

This week I am thankful for...

1. My new (to me) jacket! I have been through two and a half pregnancies thru fall/winter/spring now without purchasing a maternity jacket. I have always just made my other jackets work. I don't know what's different this time around, but I already can BARELY zip my warm winter coat, and BARELY button my rain coat. David's parents must have noticed, because they showed up on Monday evening to drop off a maternity coat they'd picked up from marketplace for me! I'm touched at the thoughtful and practical gift, and so stoked to have a jacket that actually fits!

2. Dom's view. Honestly, it's no wonder this kid plays on his windowsill for over an hour each day during quiet time. He brings his cars up there or his Star Wars lego, and uses that tiny ledge as his play surface. I mean look at this view... How did we get so lucky?!

3. Random scary find. I was tidying up the play corner, and stumbled upon this horrifying sight. When Star Wars stickers meet Frozen. I had a good laugh and then put it in the recycling pile, because this thing has to get out of the house ASAP!


4. Finishing my puzzle.
 I love doing puzzles, and having a project to work on, but I have a hard time thinking about/accomplishing anything else while I have a project on the go ;I'm a results, completion-oriented person. Finished this one the other night and it was a fun one! Lots of bright colours, 1000 pieces. I like when you can pick up a piece and right away have a general idea of where it goes... quick progress :)


5. Dom's organization.
 Dom begged me to come play with him and Emilia in his room the other day. He asked me to "set up a dealership" with him. Heck if I know how to set up a car dealership. He walked me through it. We went through his car bucket, and he organized the cars into lines and categories. 

He selected the categories, and was very gracious with me when I frequently misidentified and misplaced cars. Silly Mommy - you didn't know that Nissan 350Z goes in the expensive row, or that the Nissan GTR (insert other letter or number) goes in the Supercar row.

6. The Great Snowfall of January 2021! Just kidding, I'm grateful it was a total bust. I don't love the snow because it's so wet here usually, and it's so much extra work, and the kids just want to go outside all the time which means I get nothing done inside. I've never claimed to be a fun outdoors mom haha. 

This is what a Vancouver snowfall warning of 5-15 cm looks like.

I leave you with this... someone I went to highschool with knits passionately, and created this lovely little piece! Too hilarious, and so impressive! 



No comments:

Post a Comment