Tuesday 9 February 2021

30 Weeks (TOY STORY SLINKY DOG) - 3.0: Feb 2-8

 


  • I had a midwife appointment this week. Normally from now on they'd be every 2 weeks, but with COVID it's changed to 4 weeks from this one, so I'll see Nargess again at 34 weeks. 
    • Weight: 137lb (+15 lb) - Nargess was impressed with this, as I've struggled to gain, and then all of a sudden went up 6lb in 4 weeks. I said this is just what happened in the other two pregnancies too, and she just laughed and said that's because I don't gain weight, my babies gain weight. So apparently it's mostly baby and water that's growing. I realized this week that I probably burn an average of 3000 calories per day with my walks/workouts. I don't think I'm eating THAT much... though I haven't been tracking, and definitely have been randomly indulging in Mini Eggs a lot more than normal lately. 
    • Blood Pressure: 92/64 - this is lower than my normal (already low) baseline. Nargess asked if I'd ate breakfast, and I said I had, as well as a snack already that morning. She reminded me to drink more water. Drink drink drink to help my BP get to a better range. I remembered (after reading my 30 week blog post from Emilia) that this was the week I had an episode of low blood pressure that caused temporary blindness (such severe blurriness I literally couldn't see for a solid half hour). Ahh yes... Par for the course for a Renee pregnancy apparently! Lol everything is on track!
    • Fundus Height: 29cm. That's 1cm "small", but I always measure 1-2 cm small, and that's still a great gain from my last appointment. 
    • Baby's HR: 142-150 BPM. She said it's mostly around 142, but she could get moments of 150 BPM. 
    • Nargess confirmed baby is head down! (For now). I figured as much as I get a lot of little movements (hands) around my hips and low low abdomen, and I feel the hiccups down there. Then I get kicks and stretches on either side of my stomach. All very familiar
    • The midwives lent me an SI belt again, and just in time - my hip/SI joint pain has been really bad all of a sudden. It's affecting my ability to work out, walk, do things around the house, etc. I'm hoping bewteen my Chiro appointment I have next week and the best I'll be able to get it back under control. It seems like if I wear it any time I'm moving around, then I avoid tweaking anything and can manage throughout the day, but once I tweak it it's game over. The problem is, I have NO idea what tweaks it. I can be like emptying the dishwasher and cleaning up toys and be totally fine, but then I'll turn to pick up a spoon and suddenly that does it and I'm out of commission, and then half an hour later I can hardly get up off the couch, but then can walk up the stairs no problem. It's all over the map. 
  • I did my first ever kick count after a slow 24 hours. Got my kicks about 25 minutes after I had a snack - exactly what you'd expect!
  • Dominic said to me this week, "Mommy, your voice sounds cough-y." I think I mentioned a week or two ago that my voice has been hoarse for the last 2 months or so. Again, reading my blogs from being pregnant with Emilia around this time, I realized I wrote about that exact problem, and was reminded that a pregnancy symptom can be swollen vocal cords, leading to voice hoarseness. CRAZY! I'll take that over swollen ankles though! As annoying as it is to be clearing my throat and losing my voice during COVID... 

No comments:

Post a Comment