Thursday 18 February 2021

Thankful Thursday - 253 (FAMILY PHOTOS!)

Different version of Thankful Thursday today! Essentially just a photo dump of our impromptu family/maternity photos from yesterday!!

Yesterday I worked from 7-1, and then suddenly decided to see if we could get Scott to come help us out with some family photos. It was the last nice day for the foreseeable future, and I am 32 weeks pregnant, which is when we did our shoots with the other two pregnancies! I went in with very low expectations, because A. It was cold outside, B. Kids, C. It was last minute. Somehow we managed to get the kids dressed, cut David's hair, do my hair, curl Emilia's hair, and keep happy faces on! At 4:30 Scott came over, and we were outside for about 45 minutes. At first the kids were a little grouchy, but that soon wore off and they were wild. My hope (not even expectation) was that we could get one half-decent photo with all 5 of us, knowing that two kids and a dog in a picture are a lot of variables. We ended up with a few nice ones of all 5 of us, and lots of fun shots of just us and the kids, a couple of just us, and lots of just the kids! So glad it all worked out! And thanks to Scott for coming over last minute to help out!

Sorry (not sorry) about all the repetitive photos. It's hard to choose when they all have their own charm! 

I don't even care that Dom's not smiling, we got a picture with all of us including the dog looking at the camera!

This was Dom's face for the first few minutes. We're all trying to cheer him up haha 




Dave went to take the dog inside and the kids got silly and started running circles around me. Scott just kept shooting :) Emilia was such a ham the whole time <3



Admiring my firstborn <3


CURLS!

This was a wild segment. My intention was to get a nice photo of the 4 of us together, but the kids had other plans haha. I honestly like this way better than a perfectly posed photo! This is real life, real laughter!










I have almost this exact photo from each pregnancy and I have the other two framed beside my desk, so this will join them when I get around to it!



Our photo helper :)




I kept this one because you can really see the colour of his eyes (if you zoom in...). They are blue, but they are so blue/green/grey. They are just like Dave's. Now if you go find a picture of Emilia you'll see how they differ! Hers are also blue, but like the pure blue you think of when you think of blue eyes. I didn't know I could have two kids with different kinds of blue eyes! <3. I guess David's bb alleles are two different kinds of b!


I feel like he's aged so much in the last 5 months. Hard to believe.



They always pretend these community garden plots are a zoo and each "pen" has a different animal in it


What even is this cheesy smile?!








I pushed my look trying to get one last shot of me with each kid on our own. Neither of them were into it haha




I know that was way too many photos for a blog post, but I like them and have a hard time choosing (and I also have a history of photo hoarding, so it makes sense :)).



No comments:

Post a Comment