Wednesday 17 February 2021

Weekend - Valentines/Painting/Sleepover/Family Day

 Wow, I took almost no photos over the weekend. How sad!

On Friday, my mom offered to come over to hang out with the kids for a while as Dave was out and I've had some errands I needed to get done. This is the first time in months that we've done this, and always we wear masks when together. That being said, it was wonderful for the kids to see her, and they enjoyed playing lego, reading books, and eating lunch with Oma. 

One errand included a free DQ Cheeseburger. Actually using a coupon received in the mail for once in my life! But it was free free. No purchase necessary. Why NOT?! (I'm glad I didn't pay for it though... wasn't the best haha)

I panicked the other day, and asked my mom what we were going to do when this baby comes and I am in desperate need of help. She assured me that despite COVID, she'd make herself available to help out. Phew! Okay... Just a few more weeks to go! Later on Friday, she texted, and we discussed the possibility of bubbling up again. I'd say this falls under essential childcare, right? Dave and I were planning to paint Emilia's room on Saturday. Mom and Dad offered to take the kids overnight. No, we weren't doing paid work, but that's essential childcare! *Also, Dad gets his second COVID vaccine this week! Amazing!!*

So Saturday morning Dave and Dom braved the snowy roads to go pick up paint from Lowes. Lowes is all the way in Queensborough, but we had a coupon for a free gallon of paint from Home Testers Club, so it was worth it. The whole room painting cost a total of $13 for a brush and tape. Best! While he was out, Emilia and I sanded and washed the walls. She was a great helper, and actually scrubbed down most of her crib that was in desperate need of a wipe down. She was very excited to help me and to have her room painted. I feel kind of bad that it is only being painted because it won't be her room for much longer. This transition into Dom's room will be tough for her... 

Uh oh... Renee is nesting!

Look at that focus!

Just before naptime on Saturday, we dropped the kids off at Opa and Oma's. It was our first time seeing them without masks in months. It felt weird for a second, but then I breathed a huge sigh of relief. I know now isn't the time to be letting up, but this feels necessary right now. The kids got up to all sorts of shenanigans with Opa and Oma. Not napping, watching a movie, playing in the snow (so grateful I didn't have to do that haha), doing puzzles, playing Crazy Dice, etc. etc. Emilia slept on a foamy in her own room there, and they found her wandering the house at 5:30 am looking for Oma hahaha! I wondered if that would happen! She's never been in an "open" bed on her own before. All good though. She's a toughy. 

Dom sleeps at Opa and Oma's with the door open a crack for light, and of course he heard the commotion. He got up at 5:30 rubbing his eyes and said something like, "Sorry, it just took me a minute to wake up!" As if everyone was waiting on him haha. Nope, but I guess you're up now!

Out of order, but I'm guessing this is after Emilia woke Dom and Oma up at 5:30 am and she was cold. They got to watch some early Paw Patrol haha. 








While they were off sleeping at Opa and Oma's, Dave and I painted the first coat on her bedroom, and then got dressed up (aka out of painting clothes) and went out for dinner! WHAT?! Amazing. We assumed we'd have to wait a long time to get into any restaurant, but actually found a spot at Browns right away. It is Dine out Vancouver, and Valentines Weekend, so an extra pleasant surprise! Dave ordered the Dine Out menu, so we shared the appetizer (Dynamite Roll) and dessert (brownie). I ordered the French Dip sandwich which ended up being over twice the size I was expecting. Silly me still ate the whole thing and regretted it the rest of the night. Dave's burger took WAY too long to come out, so they comped our drinks. We weren't even complaining because we were just trying to enjoy the time out of the house, but alright! Sounds good to me!

Quickly took a picture back at home before washing off all my makeup to go to bed haha! Have to document the rare moments I'm done up.

This picture does not grasp how large this sandwich was.

David finally got his burger haha! If only he looked at me with that much love in his eyes!

We watched TV and got to bed on time as always, and prepared for a great sleep in! Of course, both our bodies were full of food, and subconsciously aware that the kids weren't in the house, so neither of us slept great. It was nice to not have children yelling at us in the morning though! We got the second coat of paint done on her room before going for pancakes at Mom & Dad's and picking up the kidlets. No pictures of the finished room, but it's pretty much the same, just a few shades lighter and much fresher! (I picked a similar shade because A. it's gender neutral, and B. I wanted to be sure we didn't need more than the gallon of paint!)

When we got home, David met Scott and Ash at a park to do some maternity photos for them. They turned out sooo cute! It reminded me that I need to get a couple shots this week too (if I want to be consistent with the other two pregnancies)! 



We didn't celebrate Valentine's Day any further, but we never do, so no change there. For Family Day, we also neglected to plan anything special but the kids were still recovering from change in routine, and it was okay to just be home for a bit. In the evening we Zoomed with my brothers and played Colonist (aka Settlers of Catan) online. That counts as family day right?! 

I am missing people so much right now, especially my family and David's family. The kids too. They often ask to go to Gramma and Grandpas, or to see their uncles and aunts and cousin. It's so hard to explain to them and I wish I didn't have to. I'm grateful for the offer of help and support these next few months. I was/am reaching my edge, and am not one to ask for help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment