Tuesday 23 February 2021

32 Weeks (POLLY POCKET ADVENTURE PLAYSET) - 3.0: Feb 16-22



I wanted a picture with a different shirt on. Then this week I got all sorts of pictures taken haha. 32 weeks is golden time for belly photos! For me at least. Before I get TOO scary big and the belly still looks cute. 
  • I rediscovered this blog post I wrote over 4 years ago and laughed at the truth of it. #20 got me again today haha! "You Know You're Pregnant When..."
    https://reneekimber.blogspot.com/2016/11/you-know-youre-pregnant-when.html
  • Anywhere from 6-10 weeks to go! Hoping closer to 6 than 10... but also really wanting to enjoy my new nephews/nieces before this baby comes, so maybe 8 weeks is okay :)
  • Baby is 3.5-4lb already! 
  • Our family is doing a baby pool, guessing birth dates, weight and sex of baby for the ones due in the next 2 months. Guesses for my baby have them weighing in between 8-9 lb (except one 9lb 2 oz guess), and it's leaning more boy than girl, with nobody so far guessing I'll go overdue. Thank you for that! My guess put baby as a boy at 8lb 0oz, coming April 6 (one week early). 
  • My support belt from Adam & Aly came on Thursday, and I've been wearing it every day since. The SI belt I have from the midwives is great for keeping my hips from splaying and hurting, but this one takes a lot of pressure off that area anyway by providing some support. I didn't realize at first how much it was helping until I took it off the first time. Whew!
  • It may be because of this belt, but I've noticed the rib pain and heart burn picking up this week. I expect it's because baby is lifted up towards that area instead of just falling out of me haha. Hmm... sore pelvic floor/pelvis/hips? Or heart burn and ribs spreading apart? There's a trade off here, just not sure which to pick!
  • Workouts are every 2-3 days right now. I just don't have it in me, and it ends up hurting/draining me more than helping/energizing sometimes which is too bad. If I walk the dog it is a 30-45 minute walk usually, but much shorter than my usual walk with him. I guess I'm just that much slower now haha! I find regular tasks just take twice as long as they "should" (in my mind) so that's been leading to some stress and frustration for myself not being able to accomplish everything I need to in a day. I haven't quite figured out where to cut back yet, but we do need to cut back. Dave has been a great help, so that's not the answer!
  • I am definitely more hormonal/emotional these days than baseline Renee. The exact same thing happened in both previous pregnancies around now. I'm typically quite logical, objective, and thoughtful as opposed to emotional, irrational and reactive. Alas, the combination of third trimester discomfort, hormones, pandemic, and general life with two kids and a dog is enough to do it for me! Haha. When Dave sees me being randomly emotional or frustrated about something and says, "You okay?" I just reply, "Yup. Baseline." This is just where I'm at much of the time! Just going to be uncomfortable for a while haha. No need to worry!
  • Everywhere I go (which isn't very many places this time around), people comment on the belly. Something about my smaller frame and the way it's all just right there in the belly and so round. Lots of "basketball" comments of course haha. Also lots of sympathetic smiles from other moms haha. A nice man actually offered to help me unload my cart at the till at Costco the other day! Good man! Mom was there to help me instead, but I appreciated the offer. 
  • David is useful this week. I'm at the point now when (especially if I'm wearing a belt) I need help with my socks and shoes/boots. 
  • This week I asked Dave if he could take some pictures of me. We did our official maternity/family photos outside on Wednesday, and then upon further reflection, I decided I wanted to try get some more intimate photos, just for me. While they were intended to be just for me, I'm so proud of how they turned out. I feel empowered, beautiful, feminine, tasteful, and surprisingly pinterest-y in some of them. I really want to share them in their own blog post, but I'm not sure how much of my community wants to see them... Anyway, here's a sneak peek, because people reading these posts know what to expect haha!
There's that basketball belly you all comment on haha!

I got my bellybutton pierced when I was like 15 I think. I've had the piercing taken out for 4+ years (since Dom's pregnancy), but of course the scar is still there. It looks SO off centre here which always happens and is kind of funny. It's because baby is chilling along my left side, pulling my belly/skin over that way. 

I love the way the blue shirt, blue on the blankets, blue wall, and blue door on the canvas go together. Fun fact. That canvas is a picture that Dave took when we were in Mykonos back in 2014 on a Mediterranean cruise. He had this one and a picture from Venice printed on a big canvas, and we have both hanging in our house still... 6.5 years later!

No comments:

Post a Comment