Thursday 1 October 2020

Thankful Thursday - 234

 We've had some beautiful weather the last few days, and it feels like summer again instead of fall! I like the coziness of fall, but boy do I like the sunshine and warmth of summer weather. 

This week I am thankful for...

1. Preschool adjustment going well. Dom had his first full day (9-1) at preschool on Tuesday. He had his snack and lunch there, and then came home and played until Emilia got up. I was having a rough day (pregnancy sickness), and Dave was out, so my mom came to eat dinner with us and took the kids for a walk after dinner. Dom was TOAST by the end of the day. Normally he has 1+ hours of "quiet time" in the middle of the day, but that day was just people and stimulation all day. He had a major bedtime meltdown, which he claimed was because, "the dryer sounds like a car turn signal." Haha! Over all though, I'm so proud of him, and it's fun to hear him talk about his little friends and what they do at preschool - his own little life. I'm very grateful its just 2 days per week though. I'm not quite ready to give him up much more than that just yet!

Buddies watching the lawn truck from Dom's window. 

While Emilia napped on Tuesday, "Mom, can you build me an ATAT? ...Sure hunny...


I did alright considering the materials I had I suppose haha

2. Emilia's independence. Having some time to herself during the week has given Emilia more confidence/opportunity to play independently. She also likes to bring a book into bed every night/nap, and we haven't fought it. The other morning I was a little late getting them from bed, and this is how I found her...

Happy playing her "Finding Dory" I-Spy book


3. First trimester is almost over! There is light at the end of the tunnel! I thought this pregnancy was going to fly by and totally catch us off guard. Maybe the rest of it still will, but man... this has been the eternal first trimester. I've known I was pregnant for just over 8 weeks, and it feels like it's been forever. Every week feels like two weeks. First trimester sucks because you just have nothing to show for it. No baby movement usually, not much of a belly, nobody even really knows you're pregnant and suffering... I'm excited for the next three months though! Energy, cute baby bump, fetal movement, detailed ultrasound, etc. etc. The kids have been playing "baby" a lot lately which is super cute too. I figured that would start when I was really pregnant or when baby comes, but I guess they're processing their emotions/thoughts/feelings through play right now. Good practicing kids! You can stop pretending to change each other's diapers though...
Side note: I was actually able to do a good yoga today! And I now realize how much muscle tone and development I've lost the last 6+ weeks of not doing it. Oh my gosh. It's like back to square one! I forgot some of these poses could even be hard at all!

Unrelated photo, but I learned that I have to pack Dom bigger lunches for preschool when he's there the full day. If he finishes this I'll be surprised!

4. My little partner. Friends often talk about their daughters as their little best friends, and now that I have some time with just Emilia and I, I can see why! We went to the Holland Shop today and she was such a pleasure. She's so goofy and talkative when there's no one to compete with!


"Me 'hited!" (translation... I'm excited about eating this croquette bun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment