Tuesday 27 October 2020

15 Weeks (COOTIE CATCHER/FORTUNE TELLER) - 3.0: Oct 20-26



This little one is going to be the best big sister <3
  • Here we are, 15 weeks into this eternal pregnancy. At least there have been some minor developments!
  • My bellybutton is shallow/half an outie now. Seems to happen earlier with each pregnancy. By the end of the day you can see it through my clothes. I woke up in the middle of the night to pee one night and rubbed my belly, and immediately started singing Eminem's White Trash Party in my head, "My belly buttons not an innie, so I'm outie. Now hop in my minivan let's get rowdy, come on!" (If you know, you know, if you don't, it's probably better that way - it's a horribly offensive song that teenage Renee liked haha).
  • I double in size from morning to evening. I go from barely pregnant to very pregnant! You'll see in next week's post I'm sure. 
  • I'm starting to feel some swelling in my nether regions already. I had it pretty bad with Emilia because I had the kids so close together I didn't have a chance to heal my pelvic floor properly. I'm definitely in a lot better shape down there this time, but already after a long time walking I can start to feel it. It's not painful, just uncomfortable. Time to start setting limits for myself and forcing rest and putting my feet up! Sounds glamorous, but it's really hard!
  • I have been getting horrible headaches every day I have to work (at either job). I only work for 5 hours at a time, and drink tons of water. The headache comes on most when I get home, and then keeps getting worse until I can't handle it anymore. One evening Dave went to walk the dog and I couldn't function, so I put on Mickey Mouse at 6pm and went to lay down with an ice pack. Luckily he came home and put the kids to bed or else who knows how long they would have stayed up watching Mickey Mouse haha! After my rest I felt a lot better. I think I need to listen to my body and rest during nap/quiet time when I feel the headache coming on. Maybe it's just my brain working too hard at work haha. Who knows! It doesn't usually happen on regular days at home. 
  • Dom and Emilia are noticing my growing belly and Dom asks every day if baby will come out soon, or if he can feel baby through my belly yet. Not yet hunny! Soon I hope!!
  • I have been feeling little bumps here and there, but usually when I'm busy doing something else, so it's not at the point now where I sit down and focus on baby and feel baby moving. I am still anxiously awaiting that. With my last pregnancy I think week 16 was the week that I started feeling more obvious movements. With Dom I think it was closer to 18 weeks. 
  • I ordered some maternity and nursing clothes from PatPat (some online clothing store where I'm sure all the clothes are just made in China and maybe not the highest quality). I got some amazing deals and the clothes came 2 weeks sooner than expected! I am excited to have a few actual nursing items when baby is here. I can count on one hand the number of nursing/maternity items I have bought brand new for myself. It's hard to justify spending money on something you only get to wear for such a short time! I sized up in the PatPat clothing because I always outgrew my other maternity clothes by month 7.5-8. Fit everywhere except where it mattered - covering the belly... Hopefully these will last me, but maybe shrink to fit better in other areas. I'll keep you (and future me) posted! 
  • Until this week I haven't really had any feelings about the gender (or "fetal sex" as is the politically correct term now) of this baby. This week I am leaning towards girl, but that is based on nothing really. Except for both kids are adamant it's a girl, and have been for weeks. They have not waivered. Apparently (I have not actually researched this myself so I apologize if it's not true), in Chinese culture, if a child very close to you guesses the gender and is consistent throughout, then that is pretty much what you're having. We'll see!!
  • This week I was allowed to share/announce that Scott and Ashleigh are also expecting! She is almost exactly 4 weeks ahead of me (4 weeks and 1 day to be exact). It was so hard not to share this exciting news on the blog, especially since I've known since early JULY! Pats self on back. Good self control, not typing something, Renee... I'm so excited that my kids will grow up with more cousins close to their age! I love watching them play with Rebecca! I came from a huge family with TONS of cousins my age, so I've always wished that for my kids as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment