Thursday 29 October 2020

Thankful Thursday - 237

 This week I am thankful for...

1. My time working at the midwives. Unfortunately it didn't work for our family for me to work as much as I was, so I had to make the difficult decision to leave that job I loved. However, I still get to go every few weeks for my belly appointments! It will be nice to focus on myself, my family and my one job for a while now until new baby comes :).

2. A celebration of life. Someone David went to highschool with, and stayed in touch with since then playing basketball passed away a couple weeks ago. It was super tragic and unexpected, but there was a candlelight vigil at Holland Park last Friday. We went to David's parents' for dinner, and then Shelley hung out with the kids, while Dave, Larry and I went to the park. I didn't know anyone there, but it was a sobering experience. The rain held off, and it was reallly interesting being there with 50+ other people from all walks of life, all wearing masks and spreading out, but coming together for one purpose. 




3. Hummingbird feeder. I love having our hummingbird feeder, and the other day we were trying to take pictures of the kids in the nice lighting on our back deck, and this little bird kept coming right above our heads to have a snack. They're so tiny and sweet and peaceful. 

No pictures of the hummingbird feeder or the bird, but their faces watching the bird eat are too much <3



When Daddy says, "Can you hear the wings?!" it obviously means it's going to be loud. 

4. Emilia's watercolour skills. I gave her this colouring page with our IKEA watercolours, and she did this entirely on her own. All I did was remind her to dip in the water every so often when she wanted to change colours. I love the colour scheme and the fact that she actually tried to follow the pattern! <3

5. Crafty stockings! Dave and I have been married for 8 years, and have never had stockings. I hate how expensive stockings are, so finally I decided to just crochet some. These worked up pretty quick, and cost less than $10 each because of Michaels sales!


Now just some pictures from the week...

An icy trip to the dog park one morning

Last week these weirdos went outside in the pouring rain in their jammies to blow bubbles. As long as you don't make me come with you! Haha Wayyy too cold for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment