Thursday 8 October 2020

Thankful Thursday - 235

 This week I am thankful for...

1. Technology. When I was pregnant with Dom, Dave was at all my appointments. When I was pregnant with Emilia, Dom and Dave were at all my appointments, and I think I even invited our moms once or twice too. Now only the patient is allowed at appointments, so it's harder to share the fun parts of them with others. Luckily, I have access to a doppler I can borrow! The kids LOVE to "check on baby" and listen to baby "farting" (static on the doppler). I love that they get to hear the heartbeat, and it gives me some peace of mind too. It's a tough spot of pregnancy when you stop feeling sick, but don't have the consistent movement of baby to assure you everything is okay. 


Caught Dom checking on his baby too haha! The pink cup was for the "jelly", and the thermometer is the doppler, straight to the bellybutton. He also often puts his sloth in his shirt and walks around affectionately talking about the baby in his tummy. 

2. A trip to the zoo. Last Friday some of us girls went to the zoo for the first time in a long time together. My kids had big feelings that day, but it was still fun! Nice way to spend a sunny Friday morning. 



He looks super helpful, but really this lasted probably 10 steps.

Lunch time. Always the highlight. Lots of these matching PC lunch boxes.

Some of my Village! <3

3. A little break. Last Friday we were at my parents celebrating Scott's birthday. We put the kids down for bed there, and they stayed overnight. We got to sleep in until 7:30!! (If you could put caps on numbers, caps would be on). Then we got up, went to have pancakes at Mom and Dad's, and got back to real life. These little breaks don't happen as often any more, so they're treasured. On Monday evening my mom also came and put the kids to bed so Dave and I could go have a little date night. We did some shopping/browsing, and then had some appetizers and a dessert at Cactus Club. I can probably count on one hand the number of times we've gone out past 7:00 since March 15.

No pictures of our date, but here's a puzzle I did this week! It's 1,000 pieces, and was one of the more enjoyable puzzles I've done!

4. Little outings. A lot of places require/request kids over the age of two wear a mask. Dom isn't exactly a little kid/toddler anymore, so we have been prepping him for this reality, and he finally decided he is ready! He wore his Hot Wheels mask like a champ :)

When they do come out with me, I like them to bring a stuffy or toy or something because then their hands stay (mostly) on the toy and not on all the things in the store or in their mouth. #LifeHack.

Instead of trying to make up more thankful items (though I'm sure I could), here are some other pics from the week:

I was completely drained on Monday and didn't have the energy to fight her on it, so she got to nap in my bed with me. <3 I truly don't mind because this is only the second time it's happened since she was a newborn, and she was so quiet and I even fell asleep before her I think. 

Dave changed the oil on our van for the first time the other day (this is going to be a great money saver since Mr. Lube always seems to cost me $500+). I was in and out of the house, so the kids played in Dave's parked car while he worked in the garage. I went to get them, and found Emilia sitting in the passenger seat wearing a sparkly cross necklace and reading a Bible. You can't make this shit up! Hilarious! I don't even know where she found those in the car. (The cross necklace is actually a replica Dominic Toretto's).

The reason we first started loving the name Dominic <3 haha. This is why Dave could never fight me on it! He loves the Fast & Furious franchise.

Sneak peek into preschool! This picture was shared on a private group for their class <3 "I'm just making some dots". Love his focus lips.

Thanks, Uncle Scott, for showing Emilia how to take selfies... She sure looks pleased with herself!

We have been doing lots of crafting for the Harry Potter Halloween set up. A few nights a week Scott & Ash come over and we snack and craft. I could think of worse ways to spend an evening. Though I could go for a glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment