Monday 3 June 2019

Weekend - Almost Done Painting!


When the painting is all done, I'll have David take "actual" pictures of our place, but it's WHITE!!! I painted for 10 days straight, but took a much needed day off yesterday. On Saturday my parents came over to help us out. Scott & Ashleigh took both the kids after their naps. They went for a walk to Fleetwood park and it sounds like they had so much fun! It was lovely for us to not have the kids around while painting, but also to not have to worry about them for even a second. Afterwards my mom had made dinner at their house, so we all went over there for steak, potatoes and salad. My mom picked up a hospital Play Mobil set from Marketplace and Dominic spent a good chunk of time playing with it. He's started getting into creative imaginary play with little storylines. I love it! Also, I'm super jealous that I didn't have this when I was a kid. My dream toy! 
David has been slowly (and with a budget of $0) been turning our basement into a theatre room. He has the projector mounted to the ceiling, and the old couch SHOULD be picked up today. To celebrate it being nearly done, we had Scott & Ashleigh over after dinner to watch Captain Marvel. Now we're all set to go see End Game anytime! 

This was last week, but I somehow managed to paint the dining room largely while the kids were awake, without any barriers and with that being a primary play space for them. Neither of the kids got paint on them even! Pretty impressed.

One last picture of our living room before it's all white. Dom appreciated my happy face on the wall.

To keep Dom busy and out of my hair and not fighting with Emilia I built him a little fort to play in. Perfect little reading spot for him <3


At the park. If you know Emilia, you know how she cries any time someone else wants to hold her, especially men. She's always been pretty good with Ashleigh, but her and Scott seemed to bond this afternoon and that's a big deal! So nice for me to know she's happy.








Check. This. Out!!

Had to get creative to keep it away from Emilia with all those little parts.

We didn't get a chance to walk the dog on Saturday, so after dinner at Mom & Dad's, Dave said he would start walking home with Sherlock. I called him when I left and I was to pick him up at 170th & Fraser Highway. I was sitting at the light at 168 and Fraser, thinking about picking them up in a couple blocks. The light turned green, and somehow all of that left my mind. I was driving down and glanced over to check out the cute dog on the sidewalk only to realize IT'S DAVID AND SHERLOCK!!! SHIT! If you know that stretch of Fraser Highway, you know there is nowhere to turn around or pull over. The look of betrayal on David's face will forever be burned into my mind. He called me right after I drove by and just said, "Are you serious?" Oops... I am so sorry!!! He then had to continue his walk home the whole way. On the plus side for him, I had to put both kids to bed on my own, which is a feat in itself! 

The rest of the weekend we tried to enjoy the perfect Spring weather. A few walks to Tynehead, some hanging out in the grass after church, and burgers for dinner with David's parents last night at our place! 

For the first time ever, Dom decided he wanted to get out and walk at Tynehead. A. Not wearing the right shoes for all the running he did. B. This made our walk take SOOOO long. After we got Dom back in the stroller, Dave and I had to run the last bit to get back to the car. Emilia was grumpy and it was almost bedtime! I am too out of shape to run!

Picking a flower for Emilia. I tried not to think about the fact that there may be dog pee on the flower...


Wanted to push the stroller

Had to settle for helping Daddy push the stroller

This nugget has become such a toddler. I feel like in the last week she's grown up so much.

Normally Emilia is scared of anyone she's not familiar with, but Charlotte came and crouched to talk to her and Emilia was all smiles. She kept looking up at me and smiling like, "Look Mom! This cool girl is talking to me!!" Pretty sweet.





Speaking of church, on Saturday morning Dave and I were painting some edges behind the baby gate and Dom was playing with his guitar. We hear him strumming away, and then he stops and says, "GOOD MORNING EMILIA!" He's never said good morning before, so it was pretty random. Then he kept loudly saying, "Good morning! Good morning everyone!" Dave and I were perplexed. I asked, "Dom, are you saying good morning?" Dom says, "YA!!" I said, "Like in church?..." "YA!!!!" He was copying the worship leader at church who plays a song, says good morning to everyone and then continues praying. We died laughing. Later on he was doing it again, and then he put down his guitar and said, "Let's pray." He folded his hands and closed his eyes for 10 seconds, then said, "Amen! One more song!" When did he get to be such a big boy?! Seriously. So funny though <3

He still plays his guitar backwards. I wonder if it's a phase or if that's just how it's going to be.

We sprung for a second AC unit for the kids' bedrooms, too. $399 at Costco, which was $100 off. We got the 14,000 BTU Danby unit. We have another less powerful one, but we went for the big one so it will work if we need it in a bigger space this summer. I'm nervous about this summer with all the potential for smoke. It never used to be like this! Last year 
there were many days in a row where we couldn't even go outside. If it's 30 degrees outside and too smokey for the little ones' lungs, I'd like to not be trapped in a hot box. Hoping the AC will help with that. I'm curious what the long-term effects, if any, of all these smokey summers will be for all the kids growing up in this new, warming climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment