Friday 14 June 2019

FAMILY PHOTOS!

I'm obsessed with family photos, but it's hard to get them for a few reasons: David is the photographer, David doesn't like being in front of the camera, and... well... toddlers! 

It's been many years since our family has had a full family photo taken without it being someone's wedding, so for Christmas this year we gifted my parents a family shoot with Kevin Van Der Leek. 

We had to reschedule due to weather a couple times, but we finally got it done last weekend! It's hard to wrangle all 12 of these people up at the same time apparently. 

There are so many wonderful photos to choose from, and I've narrowed it down to around 40-50 of my favorites!

Hard to catch her without her fingers in her mouth. This is the first day of her ear infection; waking up with a fever just before we had to leave for photos.




There was a lot of laughter this day

Our theme was "neutral with an optional pop of a Springy color". I guess Emilia and I were the only ones to do the second part. Oh well! We love coral! Haha

When someone reminds everyone that Dom calls Jeff "Uncle Dump".

Jeff & Marta - engaged to be married June 2020!

Scott & Ashleigh - engaged to be married August 10, 2019!

Mom & Dad - 33rd year of marriage!

Dom couldn't contain himself and crashed Oma & Opa's couple photo.


JARS (Jeff, Adam, Renee, Scott) - except we're backwards in this photo!
I felt so dwarfed by these tall men.

JARS' better halves


Dom's hair is impossible to tame. We used hairspray, comb, water... spit! Nothing can prevent that peacock display haha!






I couldn't decide which picture I like better out of this one and the next one! This one is just very nice.

But I love Aly's genuine laughter in this one!

Dom was being such a good big brother trying to hold Emilia's hand and walk towards the camera. She was having none of it though. It's a miracle Kevin got this shot! Haha

When did he become a boy?! He's grown so much lately. He keeps bonking his head on things he didn't used to.

She's so beautiful it makes my heart hurt. Also, I had her in a different outfit, but she spilled applesauce on it, literally minutes before the shoot. Thank goodness I had packed along this outfit from Aunty Sonya as well. It was a fortunate mistake as these turned out too adorable for words!











Dom could have made this day very challenging, but he was so great. He listened, he smiled, he was patient. He really enjoyed being with some of his favorite people!


Ah yes. The piggy-back rides. We did this at the end, and it was so hilarious and hard to pick a favorite!



The moment it turned into a piggy-back race!


Then we had to get Mom & Dad in on the action, but Mom was wearing a dress. It didn't work, but it was hysterical to watch! We should have been filming that. Look at that laughter after 33 years together!

1 comment:

  1. I think my favourite is Dom on Opa’s shoulders 💙

    ReplyDelete