Friday 7 June 2019

Thankful Thursday - Late Again

Oops. Didn't get around to doing my Thankful Thursday post yesterday. Partly because I was lazy and partly because I was waiting for some photos from David's camera :) David got a new lens for his camera last week. An 85mm lens... he could tell you more details than I can. 

This week I am thankful for...

1. The new lens to take nice pictures of our kids. I am a hoarder of photos, so it's nice for me to have some nice ones to hoard! 


All our kids <3

Almost every time we go out for a walk either all together or me with the kids and the dog, we got a comment or two about how we "have our hands full." YUP! You've got that right! Haha. 

Dom is a boy after his dad's own heart. Cars, Star Wars, sports. Nature or Nurture? Who knows!



Spalding ad?



She holds her own and keeps right up with Dom








Check out that hair! She is such a crazy nut.

2. Emilia's... spirit. She is what they call a "Spirited Child". She has ALL the attitude! Today at dinner I reminded her - yet again - not to smash her milk cup on the table. Her and Dom rile each other up with this. I gave her one more warning, "If you do it again, your milk is going back in the fridge!" She looked me straight in the eye and smashed her cup again. I grabbed the milk away and she cracked the HUGEST and craziest smile. So big and crazy that the milk in her mouth dribbled right out. Such. A. Stinker. I had to go hide because I was laughing too much to be in serious mom-mode. She will be an interesting toddler! 


I have to hide this stool during the day most of the time. Otherwise I can't leave the room without fearing situations like this will happen!


3. Speaking of Emilia, she's finally started signing! I kind of slacked on sign-language from 8 months onwards, but since she's not talking yet I decided to try it again. She has picked it up so so quickly and is now communicating much better. Most of the signs are getting a bit mixed up, but she's trying to communicate in ways other than yelling anyway! 

4. Quick visits. Uncle Adam came by for a quick little visit today. Dom was very excited that, "Adam drives a white Nissan!" Also, when Dom was younger and just starting to talk and learn names, he mispronounced my brothers' names. Scott was "Dot", Adam was "Raram" and Jeff was "Dump". Well... he's got 2/3 correct now! Haha



In my opinion, this is so worth the 9 seconds of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment