Monday 10 June 2019

Peopled Out!! - Agility, Family Photos, Reunions, and Showers!

Buuuusy weekend people-wise! I'm poopered, but it probably doesn't help that I have a sick baby who requires a little extra attention.

Saturday, in particular, was a very full day! 
Started out going to the dog agility regionals to watch Allana do a run with Fynn in the morning.



Me giving Fynn a little pep talk. 


Dom and Grandpa going to check out "Grandpa's big truck!"


Voltage



This is Ruby, Sherlock's mom. Can you see the resemblance?!


I grew up with a Bernese Mountain Dog and just thinking of her ever doing agility makes me laugh, so I enjoyed watching this big fuzz-ball run the course.

Allana and Fynn

It was a little chilly out, so both kids were pretty done by the time Allana ran. Dom wanted to go check out the "diggers", but I guess they weren't good enough to cheer him up haha.

Home for nap time and getting ready for our family photo shoot with Kevin Vanderleek! We finally found a date that worked for everyone! It was our gift to our parents for Christmas. We were long overdue for a nice family photo of all of us! Emilia woke up from her nap with a fever of 102, so she was a little out of sorts at the shoot, but at least she looked adorable!
Kevin already sent us a "few" (many) of the photos, but he says there are more to come! When we get all of them I'll do a separate post, but here are an actual few!


I felt dwarfed by these men I call my brothers.



I am soooo grateful the photos were done on Saturday instead of Sunday. Sunday she was a goopy, fevered, puffy mess!

From Fleetwood Park, Scott & Ashleigh took both our kids home to put them to bed for us. Dave and I headed straight out to my 10 year high-school reunion. I saw a few people I actually hadn't seen in real life or on social media in 10 years, so it was nice to catch up! Reunions "back in the day" must have been even more reunion-y because we didn't keep up on Facebook and Instagram. 

Towards the end of the evening, when quite a few people had left. I think about 25% of our grad class was represented at the reunion, which is pretty good I think. It's too bad more people couldn't/didn't make it out though.

That takes us to Sunday. Emilia woke up really sick, so I stayed home from church with her. Dave and Dom went. She then proceeded to sleep from 1145-345; FOUR HOURS!! She woke up with a fever of 103 and her eyes glued shut. Poor thing.
While she was napping I was out at a Sip & See for Alycia's new baby boy, James! He is so tiny and sweet. Didn't hear a peep out of him the whole time! 




I came home to this disastrous monster, who bounced back pretty well about an hour after we gave her meds to bring down her fever. She proceeded to shock us all and climb a full step ladder with no assistance. Yikes.


No comments:

Post a Comment