Thursday 30 May 2019

Thankful Thursday - 182

We had Emilia's 12 month immunizations and check-up this morning. All went well and she's healthy as can be! 
I have been painting my butt off this last week and have made some pretty good progress! I paint during naps, after bedtime, and while the kids eat and play nicely. I'm exhausted, but also excited by the changes. 

This week I am thankful for...

1. Toddler distractions. I was trying to paint the other day while the kids ate breakfast. They both finished, but I wasn't done. I threw some tape on the table and told Dom it was a parking lot. DONE! Busy for another 30 minutes parking his Corvettes. Emilia stirred some fake food in a little frying pan and laughed at Dom. It doesn't always work out, but this time it did!


2. A white kitchen! I take horrible photos, but our entry way, upstairs hallway and kitchen are now all white! I am result-oriented, which makes it hard for me to stop once I've started something. I just work myself way too hard and put everything else on the back-burner until I'm done. There are pros and cons to this work ethic haha.

Before

After. Can't wait to hang some stuff up again and personalize it! It is so much brighter and fresher and it feels cleaner in here. Loving it already. Can't wait to be done!

I need Dave to take pictures with his camera, but you can see the wall on the right and the two on the left of this photo are the old colors. The kitchen is white, and the pole has one coat of white on it! Yay!!

3. Cute moments. I love Dom's kind heart. He loves to sit and snuggle and read, play cars by himself, share something he loves with Emilia (I use the term "share" loosely), and today he pushed Isla around on a little car at tot romp which was way too cute! She tried to return the favor, but the size difference between them didn't work as well that way.
There was a moment where they were both sitting with Oma, but naturally I wasn't quick enough with the camera. Oh well. Next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment