Tuesday 25 June 2019

Lately

I have not been on social media in days, so I haven't really been keeping up with peoples' lives. I wish more people had blogs about their life. Maybe not many people are interested in reading mine, but I love reading others'! 

Anywho, it's been a bit hectic around our household the last three weeks, but... dare I say it... I think we're all pretty much healthy! Dom is finishing up his antibiotics and David is down to just the sniffles and a lingering cough. 

Thursday and Friday we just did life around the house; sort of quarantined ourselves. 




Checked out the playground at Clayton Park. A little old for Emilia, but Dom had lots of fun!

Saturday was Ashleigh's bridal shower! My mom and I went a little early to help get the final things set up. Ashleigh and Scott were so spoiled! Her mom threw a beautiful shower with all sorts of brunch food and mimosas! She asked me to write down who the gifts were from and what they were. I was more than happy to do so. I love having a job to do (and having an excuse to take a break from chatting haha!).





Sunday David was really sick, so I packed the kids up to go to church. They've been a bit extra challenging lately and we only lasted half an hour before we came home. I think I hadn't recovered from being sick myself and was a big overwhelmed. on Monday my mom offered to take Emilia for the afternoon and overnight which was SO nice. You don't realize how easy much harder two kids is than one until you just have one for a bit! I think Dom and Emilia need some space from each other; I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make that work at home, but I will!

I also took up a new hobby this weekend, doing lettering. I have a few friends who do it and I've always admired the smooth, pretty writing. I know I have naturally nice writing, so I thought what the heck! Time to do something for me! I went out and bought some dual-sided brush pens and have been playing with them all weekend! Below are some of my firt attempts. I have a long ways to go, but I was pretty proud for first tries!!

Hopefully we can get back to normal this week; back to our regular routine! I'm feeling optimistic about it :)




I came up with these ones all on my own, which is a big deal for non-creative-me.

My middle name is my Oma's name, and I think it's so beautiful. I love that I've never met anyone else with the same name/middle name!


1 comment: