Thursday 20 June 2019

Thankful Thursday - 185

A little life update first. The position I interviewed for last week was offered to another applicant, but they asked if I'd consider being added to the sub list for September, which is also great for us! Keeps my foot in the door and allows for a flexible schedule and more variety in the offices/positions worked. The position is with Surrey Christian School. Disappointing that I didn't get the one position, but a win/win with this other opportunity! It was a very tight race, so I'm happy with the result :)

The other main update would be the health (or lack of) update for our family as seen below. 

This week I am thankful for...

1. Medicine. It has been a rough two weeks at the Kimber household. First Emilia was out with an ear infection that I may have left a little long, so we had 5 days there where she was a disaster. Then I started getting sick and had fever, aches, sore throat and a cough. Then Dom started getting sick and I think it hit him the worst. He got a severe cough, head cold, fever and ear infection. I took him to the doctor yesterday morning and we caught the ear infection early enough to just need to do the drops. It's nice when he can actually tell me his ear is hurting. It's even nicer that he can tell me which one because maybe I pick up the ear drops and then forget which ear is infected... Maybe... 
He's a bit better today; his ear doesn't seem to be bothering him and he doesn't have a fever. 
Dave has been hit now, and neither of us got more than 5 hours of sleep last night. AAAND Emilia broke out in a full body rash this morning. I'm presuming it's heat rash; doesn't seem to bother her, just another annoyance!

Well that was a complain-y thankful item! I'll try harder.


It just doesn't get much sadder than this. Poor guy. He didn't want to play cars, read books, have a snack; just snuggle Mommy.

Emilia doesn't seem to mind that he's sick. She gets to feel good AND watch a movie! She has been a completely different baby this week, and I am so grateful for that. She's happy and easy-going and giggly and normal.

Between the doctor appointment and pharmacy opening we shared a donut from Tim Hortons and he got to sit in the front seat while we waited for the place to open. Very exciting day for Dom!

2. My village. I have so many wonderful friends that I get to see and/or speak to frequently. We are all in the same crazy hectic stage of life and it's an incredible gift to get to share this time with them. Also, who else would I send pictures of potential outfits to when I'm shopping? Or pictures of a rash on a child? Or ask for advice about child behaviors? Or vent about the mundane parts of my daily life to?


The friends I see most often; we get together at least once a week for a play date, see each other at church, and used to see each other at Tot Romp every Monday as well. We are also all in the same small group now, so tack another bi-weekly visit onto that.
4 women, 8.5 children!

Fun fact: Katrina, Kerriann and I were all in the same youth group from grade 8-12 and Natalia was one of our leaders!

3. My kids' father. David and I haven't really acknowledged or celebrated Father's Day for HIM yet. Hoping to be able to go out for dinner next week (although it might be a budget dinner after my $430 oil change+ this week. *sad face*). That being said, I am so proud of the Dad he has become. Our children love him so so much; their faces light up when they see him. If Dom knows Daddy is out at a shoot and he hears the garage door open he will drop whatever he is doing and RUN to the deck to wave and yell, "DADDY'S HOME!"
I can't express my gratitude for how hard David works. He puts in very long days, waking up at 5 every day so that he can be here with us from dinner-bedtime at least. He definitely prioritizes his family first! He works extra hard so that I can stay home and take care of our family instead of having to go to work. 
On top of all this work he's doing for Kimber Images, he is going to be starting up/taking on a bit of a related side gig as well, which I'll share more about another time, but we're very excited about it. 


I wrote this when David came home from a shoot deliriously tired, but still had to go work for the rest of the day. After I just woke up from a 1 hour nap and sat down with a cup of tea and a snack to write the blog... There are pros and cons to each of our jobs I guess! Haha

4. A well-timed meal. My Oma has offered to make us dinner for tonight and the timing could not be better! Food is always the answer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment