Wednesday 28 September 2016

While the Husband's Away, The Wife Shall...

David was away hiking in (and around) Revelstoke with his dad for 5 nights. We hadn't been apart this long in a few years, and I was worried how I'd do running the household and dealing with the dog all by myself. Especially in my current state...

I had many people to help out (thank you to all!) and David and I were able to check in once or twice a day just to make sure everything was still going well. 

On work-days, I brought Sherlock to David's parents' house close to my work where he got to hang out with Fynn, Matthias, Allana and Shelley throughout the days! He seems quite comfortable there, and it's nice for me to know he's happy!



I kept my days super packed while David was away... I had all these ambitions of crafting and relaxing, but... being busy is good too!

Wednesday I was working over-time. I got home from a long day at work, spent an hour and a half cooking, took the dog to the dog park, and then that night we had dog agility, and Sherlock ran like a dream! So proud of him lately :)

Thursday I again was working OT, so picked Sherlock up, had dinner, took him for a nice long walk, and then headed out to our first Small Group discussion of the season at Brent & Amy's house!


A very tired pup after a long day playing with Allana, Fynn & Matty!

Friday I again had to work an extra hour, but luckily we had a potluck at work, so at least I was well-fed and actually skipped dinner that night! It was pouring rain that day, but I took Sherlock out for a walk, and then headed out to a girls night with some work ladies! While I was out (because I have guilt about leaving Sherlock too often), Scott and Courtney came by to watch Sherlock while they watched Sherlock (on Netflix) :) Thank you!! 

I hate selfies... I just hate pictures by myself in general I think. 

Scott cuddling with Sherlock while watching Sherlock... cute.

Saturday morning Sherly let me sleep in until 8am (what a treat!). As a reward we went out and played fetch for a bit, and then I had band practice at church from 10-12ish. After practice, I went to Oma's for lunch and had a really nice visit! The rest of the day was spent putzing around. I did some chores, and then got an invite to Mom & Dad's for BLT's and a dog walk! Yup... I'll be there! After dinner and a walk at Tynehead, I went home, showered, and curled up on the couch to watch Netflix for the next three hours (this is how I envisioned my weekend!!). 


I think Sherlock would have slept forever Saturday morning if he didn't have to get up to pee and eat! Haha!

He is absolutely at his happiest when we have the chuck-it and a ball. 

Relaxing Saturday night! Painted my nails...

Had Sherlock impatiently waiting for me to bring the nachos over. Notice the OJ in a wine glass? I'm super classy... Okay... I really just miss my one-person wine nights.

Crystal was cleaning out her garage and came across this foot massager she used a lot while she was pregnant. Sherlock wasn't so sure about it... He kept trying to eat the moving parts!

Sunday I was up early again to play bass in church. We had an interesting service as there was a medical emergency in the middle of the sermon. Luckily we had a paramedic/nurse, another nurse, an EHS dispatcher and a doctor in the congregation. They tended to the gentleman until two ambulances and a firetruck arrived to take him away. I haven't received any updates on his status, but hopefully everything is okay... 
It is "funny" how Dave was preaching about our earthly work being the work of the Lord and trusting that our work is not in vain. That every vocation is the work of the Lord. Here we have a handful of people who were able to calmly and professionally attend to this emergency while most of us may not have known what to do... Talk about finding value in our work!!

After church it was a trip to the Dublin for brunch with Shelley, Rachel, Kyle, Scott & Courtney. I had every intention of ordering the $5 breakfast because, well.... it's $5. Then, as the waitress came to take my order, I panicked and ordered eggs benedict... No regrets... No regrets. 



From here I had to go pick up some Newborn Diapers I won on a Facebook bidding site, and the house just so happened to be close to Noel Booth Park in Langley... Lucky Sherlock! Took that crazy lad for a walk and swim at the park. Everyone we passed loved him... We often get comments on him, but yesterday was especially loving. I wonder what that was about?! 


Car show going on at the parking lot of the Fire Hall by Noel Booth... Clearly I didn't care enough to try for a proper photo that actually showed one of the cars... 

Hooray for smelly wet happy dogs!

After our walk, we had an hour or two at home, before heading out to Mom & Dad's again. I car-pooled with them and Oma to Cactus Club in Richmond to celebrate Aunty Sonya's birthday! What a special treat :)


Mom, Dad & I split the ravioli & prawn trio for starters. Just Yum... I then shared the Baja Fish Tacos with mom... Cactus Club always has consistently delicious food!

For dessert Aunty Sonya got a special candle and message on the pumpkin pie cheese cake. We also got 3 caramel chocolate mousses as well as a peanut butter crunch bar... No problem scarfing all that down in 3 minutes flat!

By the time we got home from Cactus Club it was time for bed and then back up early Monday morning for work again.

There was very little room for R&R this weekend! I was worried about being lonely while David was away, but my friends and family reminded me I'll never be alone and that they're always just a phone-call away!

Now... I am super glad to have David home again! Maybe I'll try convince him to do a guest post about his trip. Or at least give me some pictures to post! (Sounds like he got some GORGEOUS shots!)

Many... MANY Sherlock selfies were taken this weekend... I'm not normally a selfie person. I don't know what happened to me! Sherlock and I were like teenage girls all over again.







Looking into the distance...

Unsure...

Kisses...

Sherlock definitely missed his Dad while he was away! Snuggle-monster...

1 comment: