Thursday 15 September 2016

Thankful Thursday - 57

Time to practice gratitude again whether I'm feeling it or not!
This week has actually been much better so far than last week was. I am feeling more energetic, less stressed, and more... "together" for the most part. Whew!!

1. Team work! As you may have seen in my agility post the other day, Sherlock and I had our first trial last weekend and it was a blast... in hindsight. In the moment it can be tough, but I have always been taught to focus on the positives! Instead of leaving the ring and thinking, "Why isn't he listening? Why is he so slow?" I walk out saying, "Wow! He got all his contacts and nailed his weaves! What a good boy!! And he had fun!!" It's amazing what tricking yourself into a better attitude will do!

Look at this proud lad exercising his discipline (not eating the ruffly ribbon...)

2. Baby boy clothes. I haven't actually bought any, but went to Winners the other day to browse and saw some pretty cute little clothes that make me excited for our little nugget!

This is just for David...

Little puppies on this onesie! A must :)

He's going to be so handsome!

3. Dual Monitor. I got a second monitor installed at work this week. Wow does this ever make my job easier! I didn't expect it to be so practical! I also got a new chair last week which is much better ergonomically. David brought an exercise ball in for me this week too as it is recommended for pregnancy. I am splitting my time between the new chair and the exercise ball for now. 


4. Bumpy bump. I'm at the point now where I think my belly looks kind of cute and obvious in clothes. It's getting uncomfortable to bend or stand for long periods of time, but I know that's only going to get worse! Might as well enjoy being relatively comfortable and fitting into most maternity clothes while I can!

David takes these great photos of me every Sunday, but I choose to post this awkward, messy cell-phone selfie. The bump looks different in different clothes! So wanted to get some variety in there ;)

2 comments:

  1. I loved it when I got dual monitor at work!! It's so hard being back on one. Your bump does look different there!! So big and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are looking for the positive. The only thing I hear when I leave the ring is "nice run"! I alway run out to reward the dog and think about all of the pieces that we were connected, weave pole entries, contact performances or the jump sequence that was beautifully timed. We can look at things to improve another day.

    ReplyDelete