Wednesday 7 September 2016

Long Weekend Antics

What have we been up to lately? 
This long weekend we had very few plans, but filled it up with whatever WE wanted to do! How nice is that?!

On Friday evening, we knew Scott, Courtney, her mom and my parents were planning to go to Uli's for dinner. Being pregnant, once you mention Uli's I know I cannot go one evening without it. We make reservations for 6pm, and head down to White Rock! Shortly after leaving, we get invited to join their Uli's party, so we cancel our resos and tack onto theirs. That left us with some time for a walk on the pier!






Just yum. Some day maybe I'll try other things on the menu, but since I only go 1-2 times per year, I get the Uli 2.0 burger every time. It never disappoints. My mouth is watering again just thinking about it!


I have no pictures from Saturday at all... I don't even know what we did anymore! I think we puttered... Tidied, hung around the house... Who knows! 

Sunday we had church and then were off to pick up a crib from a lady in Richmond from Craigslist!

Successfully assembled the crib in 6 minutes flat!

Sherlock keeping an eye on the neighborhood from his little brother's room.

The annual Back to School BBQ at Kelly & Al's. Although nobody is going back to school... Do prenatal classes count? David trying to get his mouth around the giant burger! Haha

Monday we woke up with zero plans for the day (the best!). We talked with Scott, and agreed to all go over to Mom & Dad's house and hang out to play some games. It was a chilly, rainy day. Perfect for staying inside and bundling up with some board games. 

First on the docket... Harry Potter Monopoly. David prides himself for winning Monopoly every time he plays... Until this day! I kicked BUTT! Some super lucky rolling on my part allowed me to end with cash, property and hotel value of a total of $23,110.00. After counting it all up, I had every single $500 bill from the box in my hands. I wish I had taken a picture of that!

I will not let David live it down... I kicked his butt at his own game! :)

Monopoly was followed by two games of Settlers, which Scott kicked butt on both times... 

Such a chilly day calls for a warm dutch meal! Boerenkool for dinner with the 5 of us. Can't go wrong with this. 

So simple and SO delicious.

Scott trying to embarrass me by capturing my caveman-like licking out of the pot... No embarrassing the pregnant lady! No shame here!

Adam and Aly were on their way back from a weekend in the Okanagan doing some wine tasting. They're trying to find the perfect BC wines to serve at their wedding next summer! They had some options picked out, but wanted some opinions, so I set up a blind tasting for everyone to sample the wines. The lucky white might just be in the mix here somewhere! 

We did a pretty good job I'd say... Even David got in on the action!

Woo hoo! I ordered some free (+shipping) baby-safe products! Toy cleaner, shampoo/soap, and dishwashing liquid. Will be nice to give it a try when baby comes and not have to worry about chemicals!

Overall it was a pretty uneventful weekend, but it was very nice to do whatever we wanted. We are cherishing days like this as I know they are short-lived! This coming weekend Sherlock and I are registered for our first official dog agility trial. Official in that it is not a fun match. More on that to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment