Thursday 1 September 2016

Thankful Thursday - 55

This week I'm grateful for...

1. Comfort Food! I can't wait for Fall with all the warm colours, cozy scarves and boots and leggings! Along with these cozy things, comes comfort food! Let's be honest here... most food for me is comfort food. I just love food. Everyone always complains about people taking/posting pictures of their lunches/dinners, but I love it when people do that (unless they're bragging about their quinoa diet haha). It usually inspires me or makes me hungry all over again!


So much goodness... This is a classic "Oma" meal that my Oma D. makes. It's always a crowd pleaser! 

Sherlock enjoying his special treat for his birthday!

What's better than eating yummy food? Not having to cook it, and enjoying it with these wonderful people! 

Yummm.... sushi.... 

Okay... a salad isn't all that comforting usually, but David made dinner this day! So that is pretty special!!

THIS is what I'm talking about! We learned in our Prenatal class that Iced Capps have less sugar in them than, say... Powerade... Next day I bet every pregnant woman in the class went and bought one. (Forget about the amount of cream and other crap in there!)

This may not look very special... it is my first attempt ever at making spaghetti squash. I wanted to try something new, so I made a new sauce with no recipe (sort of a cheesy alfredo-ish sauce with sundried tomatoes, spinach and chorizo), and mixed it with the shredded squash and then baked it with cheese and bread crumbs on top... 0 carbs what?!
David actually quite enjoyed it as well, which was a real shock. Just in case though, he made a regular old pesto pasta for dinner along-side this :)

2. Family. As mentioned last week, Juanita flew in for a week from Holland to spend time away from it all, and hang out with family. Last Thursday, Oma hosted a dinner for everyone at her building. We all got together and had a spectacular Oma Meal, followed by drinks and of course... the "Crazy Dice Game!"


Oma and 3 of her grand-daughters.

Mom filmed the end of the game where I make a great comeback and win :)

3. Cuteness. Enough said...

This dog....

My Mr. Handsome on his birthday


This guy loves people. Always comes up to the fence when we walk by on our "horse loop" around the neighborhood. Sherlock is starting to warm up to him too! Such a beauty, and I love petting the horses.

Fun surprise in the mail! We were gifted these super adorable little outfits/onesies and they just arrived in the mail all of a sudden! The more cute boy clothes I see the better! I secretly wanted to buy little girl clothes before we found out haha. (Thank you for the gift!!  <3)

Bonus. Tynehead Park. In our neighborhood there aren't a lot of "covered" places to walk. We could go to Clayton park, but it's not huge... other than that we have to walk sidewalks or drive somewhere. Thankfully, Tynehead is only a 5-10 minute drive from our house, and we're typically there multiple times per week! 

David and I were admiring the nurse stumps thinking about how old they were, and how old any of the trees were. He blurted out, "LET'S COUNT!" So he ran over to this chopped tree and counted the rings. I figured it was probably 60 years, and I was close!! 55 rings he counted!

Until next week.... Remember to take time to consider what you have to be thankful for!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment