Friday 15 January 2016

Puppies (House Hippos) - 3 Weeks

Before you get too excited... No, David and I are not getting another puppy (as much as I'd LOVE one). Maybe the next litter. 

Shel, with her dog Ruby, is who we got Sherlock from in 2014. We have remained in close contact with Shel, and were thrilled to find out Ruby was due for some more puppies around Christmas time. 
Left-Right: Molly, Gibson, Davis, Pender

We got the privilege to go to Shel & Dan's on Tuesday to meet the little rascals. I forgot how cute they are. At this age they've just opened their eyes, and their ears are not open yet. They're just starting to walk around, and after 10 minutes of play time it abruptly becomes nap time. 

Shel asked David to bring his camera to get some nice shots of the pups while I played with them. (Some photographer's assistant I am!) Before we get into the "good" photos, here are a few I took on my phone, followed by two videos of our visit!

Davis sleeping toller-style on my lap.

Could life possibly be any better?

Even after I put him down Davis was still sprawled out on his back!

Such a sweetheart.


This is what play-time looks at 3 weeks old. Barely able to walk yet, lots of squeaking and trying to get to mommy, Charlotte (Sherlock's sister) stealing the show with her monkey toy. 

Little twitches! Dreaming about chasing bunnies? Eating? (Sorry for the changes of orientation of the video. I was distracted).

Now for the REAL photos! Prepare for puppy over-load!


Davis

Little fluffy bum of Gibson(?)


Pender hamming it up

Momma Ruby playing with her babies


I love this shot of Ruby. Doesn't Sherlock look like his mom?



Little miss Molly. Only girl... Like me!

Kisses for mommy

Davis and I having a snuggle

Charlotte (Sherlock's sister) is so great with the puppies. Very curious, and not quite aware that they're babies and not able to play much yet!

Get her Pender!


Puppy Pile. Top to bottom (Gibson, Molly, Davis, Pender)


I can't wait to see these guys grow up!

Molly howling away! (Molly, Gibson, Davis, Pender)

Davis having a power nap on my feet. (Many photos of this)

Pender happily snoozing on the bed.

Charlotte says, "Davis! Wake up! It's time to play!"

I can't get over the cuteness. Pender in behind, Davis up front. Snuggling on my legs.



Puppy Therapy


No comments:

Post a Comment