Tuesday 19 January 2016

Oops!! - Domestic Blunder

I found out yesterday what happens when you're not paying attention to how much detergent you put in the washing machine...

I like to think I'm a "domestic" person. I cook, I want babies, I fold laundry, I clean... {don't be fooled... i don't like cleaning or folding laundry} 

I was running around downstairs yesterday getting ready to take the dog for a walk before our Small Group meeting when I hear, "Reneeeeeeeeeee!" from upstairs. I head up there and David is standing in the hallway by the laundry machines with soap bursting out of the seams in the door. 

Oh. No!

I laid a towel down on the floor and figured all that was left to do was open the door and get the suds out. The pile of suds that spilled out onto the floor was really quite impressive. It was one of those situations where there is nothing left to do but laugh. 

We were running late already, and had to walk the dog and grab some groceries before we went out, but I couldn't help but imagine being a child and coming across this expanse of fluffy suds in the hallway. It was quite hilarious and exciting. 

In the end I learned to pay closer attention when pouring soap into the machine, and never put the washing machine on as you're leaving the house. I'm glad we were home to discover this disaster rather than coming home to a soapy watery mess all over the floor!


Me cracking up as I shamefully guide my explosion of suds from the machine onto the towel at my feet.
____________________________________________________________

I can't help but be reminded of another sudsy story from a few years back; before we were married and David was still living at home. 

We arrived at David's parents to find someone had turned on the dishwasher in an attempt to be helpful. While the thought was there, the outcome was not as expected. 

We walked into the kitchen towards the TV room and stumbled upon a kitchen FILLED with suds! Again, what more can you do than laugh hysterically?

Have you ever tried to clean up suds? They don't absorb into towels, they don't go down the drain without creating more suds! It's not an easy task!

We got the suds cleaned up and found the dishwasher culprit (who will remain unnamed), and discovered the reason for the sud-nami (bad pun for tsunami)... someone had filled the detergent dispesnser with DAWN DISH SOAP! 

It is safe to say they will not make that mistake again!


Have you every had any "domestic blunders"?

1 comment:

  1. My domestic blunder is the same as Anonymous... who knew you needed special dishwasher detergent for a dishwasher?!

    ReplyDelete