Thursday 23 May 2019

Thankful Thursday - 181

Been too busy to post this week! This is half Thankful Thursday and half what I've been up to lately. 
This week I am thankful for...

1. Free outings. Janine and I took the kids to the Surrey Museum yesterday for an impromptu playdate. Dom and Jaia zipped all over the play area and we took a minute to check out the lego exhibit too! Dave and I will have to go back there to actually look at it before it's changed again.



Janine and her little boy, Jag, who is 5 months old today!


I spy a teeny tiny person!


My first time holding this little cutie! Such a happy, easy-going guy.

Had to pry them away from the lego play area. Jaia is using a piece of lego as a phone haha!

Dom keeping Jag entertained while we ate our White Spot lunch

2. Spending time on myself. I've been really embracing the fact that this is my life. I am a stay at home mom with two kids and a dog. I am responsible for all of that and the household and feeding everyone. (David is ultra-helpful; not trying to make it sound like I'm all on my own). I am ALSO responsible for taking care of myself! I have started getting up at 6 am, an hour before the kids, and relaxing, watching the news, stretching, and eating my breakfast and hot coffee in peace. I also spent a long time (like over an hour) doing my hair and makeup the other day in preparation for our family photos that didn't end up happening due to the rain. 


Oh how I hate taking selfies; or any picture all by myself for that matter!

Instead of family photos our whole family got together and had a nice dinner together!

Next time we'll try get Dom to smile! He was concerned about the fan behind the camera




She is proof that yogurt is finger food

This morning I felt like superwoman. At 830 I took both kids and the dog to Tynehead by myself. We walked and ran through the trails. (I had to run UP the hills or else I didn't have enough momentum). The stroller weighs roughly 70lb with both of them in it, so going down hills it's really hard for me to keep control. 


Some nice older man walked by with his dog and said, "Well you've got your hands full!" I responded, "Yup. A bit!" and he said, "Well that must be how you stay in such great shape!" Sounds creepier now, but it wasn't. Thank you kind old man!

3. Spring time! Spring, I have determined, is officially my favorite season. This year we had a robin build a next on our back patio and there are 4 baby birds in there! They hardly look like babies anymore; they're overflowing! 


This was a week ago. They're not cute, but their hairdos are on point and I'm still so proud to be contributing to nature and the environment by letting them be safe and grow here! They have an excellent mommy, too. She brings them worms, and is respectful of our space. If we're in the yard, she'll fly over and sit and wait for us to go inside before going to the nest (which is right above where we sit). Zero aggression from her, which was a concern. Also, so far, zero bird poop on the patio!

Now the 4 of them barely fit! Their feathers are all coming in and they don't look like such little rock stars.

Less fun part of Spring, molting! We got all freaked out because Sherlock suddenly started looking VERY overweight. We started cutting back his food and exercising him even more, and I was even considering a thyroid condition! Then we weighed him and he IS a little chunky, but only 3lb heavier than when he turned 1. I decided to brush him. Ah... while I still want him to lose a few pounds, he looks MUCH more reasonable now. Sorry, pup! 

4. Talize finds. You all know I love thrifting. I went again the other day and got myself a few cardigans (one is the flowery one above) and a summer dress, Dom some summer shirts, and got the kids some shoes! Another success!!


I am in love with this dress I found. It's a maxidress, and it's so so so comfortable and I don't have to worry about any wardrobe malfunctions! The only issue is the droopy armpits. Who can fix this for me?!

I also got these runners for this adorable little accessorizer. I need more pictures of Dom! Trust me, I love him too, he just runs away from the camera every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment