Monday 27 May 2019

Lately - Painting and Playing

Oh my goodness. I have been busy! I'm exhausted, but it's the good, productive kind. Thursday I randomly decided I wanted to paint the whole interior of our house white. Ive een wanting to paint since we moved in, almost 4 years ago. I went out that day and bought paint and supplies, prepped the front entry way and went for it! Since then, I have completed the entry way and stairs, and the upstairs hallway! Three coats of white paint. I haven't done the trim yet, but will hopefully get started on that today. It looks SO bright and fresh. I can't wait to have the whole house done!! It's a big job, but I plan to just chip away at it over the next few weeks. Small sections at a time. David was a huge help this weekend with the kids. 

Soon(ish) these walls will all be white!


Forgot to take a true "before" picture

Exact same lighting, what a difference! Definitely going to have to paint those hideous tiles though... another project.


Friday we went to Katrina's and it was just us and them. The kids played nicely and Emilia climbed on all the things. Can't take this kid anywhere!




On Saturday there was a BBQ and garage sale at church, so we went there to kill some time. We brought a $20 along just in case. Well I used up all our "just in case" money on myself! I bought 3 Lululemon sweaters and a pair of lulu leggings with that $20. SCORE!!! The pants don't fit me, but they fit my mom so that's a win still. There was also a table with Hot Wheels. 6/$1. Umm... Dom, stock up! One more thing... David found a pair of Jordan's. Size 6Y. He wanted them for Dom for the future. How much? 50 CENTS?!?! The woman selling them definitely didn't know their worth. Dave gave her a dollar and came home and looked it up. Those shoes were almost brand new, and they're worth $90... EVEN BETTER... They happen to fit me perfectly! Haha what a strange coincidence. I have nowhere to wear Jordan's, but if I ever do decide to look super sporty I can.


Emilia has been a real challenge for me lately. I am now thinking she was at the end of a leap. My mom offered to take her for the afternoon on Saturday. That gave her and Dom each some "alone" time. Boy did they love it. Dom played SO nicely the whole time. Emilia did great with Mom and it was nice for me to have a break from the clingy monster. 


Sunday I was playing bass, so I was at church from 7-1230. Long. Morning. I was toast after all the painting and socializing I'd been doing, but Ashleigh & Scott came over and made us some eggs benny! We also got a text from Shelley inviting us over for spaghetti. My first inclination was to decline because I was so toast. But then I'd have to cook. David offered to take the kids and dog for a walk so I could go close my eyes for a bit. Life saver! Woke up refreshed and ready to head to Gramma & Grandpa's! We had delicious spaghetti for dinner and then played outside and had ice cream cones. Emilia's first ice cream cone ever!




She did actually have some ice cream in there, but she scooped it all out with her hand before moving on to the cone.


No comments:

Post a Comment